I like to use the mute button shortcut to put the phone in standby/keypad lock. However, my new Curve 8310's mute buttin is just slightly recessed in the top of the rubber lining. Therefore, I have to make a very deliberate effort to push it. In fact, doing so while using 1 hand makes me have to squeeze the phone on all sides while I hold it with thumb and remaining fingers while using my pointer finger push in hard enough to get to the mute button. It's pretty annoying to me.

My question: is everyone else's mute button slightly recessed too? Or is my new phone slightly defective?
    12-06-07 03:33 PM
    Nope, that's the way it's supposed to be. It's to keep you from accidentally muting or suspending it while in a holster, etc... I find that using the OEM rubber skin actually makes it a bit easier to use. More grippy, and it has a raised icon on top of where the button is, which makes it a smidge easier to press.
    12-06-07 03:43 PM
    Yeah, I sort of figured that this was by design. Having it the other way would probably just result in people posting threads about how annoying it is when they accidently press the mute button and lock their phone unintentionally. Can't make everybody happy, I guess.
    12-06-07 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD