I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum, seeing this is my first thread...

So tonight was the first time me and my GF have been in an argument since we started dating about a year ago. She started talking to me about how she feels like she is in a relationship with my Blackberry and not me.. First off the company I work for is a global capital company, so therefore i have to be by my phone at all hours, I don't really have a choice.. I tried explaining this to her, but yet she still didn't understand. I also wanted to state that my job comes first before anything (besides family of course). I am just curious if any of you other BB users have experienced this problem, and what you did to try and fix it..

Thanks for your help.
    09-05-08 01:53 AM
    For the record, I just got my blackberry a few days ago, and my girlfriend has a love hate relationship with it. She loves that I am extremely mobile and she can watch from afar via the internet as I update facebook, twitter, website, flickr. She loves the fact that she can reach me via messenger or text and phone, facebook and use a slew of other internet apps to contact me, and buzz me, etc etc. You get the picture. She hates the fact that others have almost as much access...especially when we are. Together. I caught myself reaching for my holster several times during dinner to check who just messaged me, or buzzed or updated something or emailed. The look on her face says it all. No need to ask if she is at all bothered. What I do know is I better be a little more discrete or my BB is going to have an accident.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 04:11 AM
    first off ... you are fighting a loosing battle.

Secondly, there is a difference between having your phone with you and jamming your face into the screen every 13.287 seconds.

Put the damn phone down, give her some attention. Even (i know this will probably kill you), turn it OFF for a couple hours a night. I work in public safety so i know about having to be accessible at ALL hours of the night, and even i can find time to put the BB in another room.

Trust me, i use mine heavily, but for the sake of your love life, put the phone down. Having S*X with a bb is a crime against nature, punishable by jail time!
    09-05-08 04:12 AM
    Hahah funny post Guzman.

I'm single but from my last serious relationship I can totally understand what a few of you are going through.

My advice: Whenever you are out with your significant other to eat, or spending alone time... suck it up, put your BB on a completely silent profile and give him/her attention. I could seriously see how a Blackberry could ruin a relationship.

If I were still with my ex I would have to have a silent profile set up, probably labeled her name, lol.
    09-05-08 04:56 AM
    i got my blackberry the same time my gf came back from overseas. where i spend more time ? blackberry for sure..... and my gf had a misunderstanding.......
    09-05-08 05:08 AM
    I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum, seeing this is my first thread...

So tonight was the first time me and my GF have been in an argument since we started dating about a year ago. She started talking to me about how she feels like she is in a relationship with my Blackberry and not me.. First off the company I work for is a global capital company, so therefore i have to be by my phone at all hours, I don't really have a choice.. I tried explaining this to her, but yet she still didn't understand. I also wanted to state that my job comes first before anything (besides family of course). I am just curious if any of you other BB users have experienced this problem, and what you did to try and fix it..

Thanks for your help.
    Normally it takes some time for these feelings to build. You said you've been dating for a year; how long have you had your phone tethered to you? & to be honest with you, I dont blame her for not understanding. I'll try to show it to you like this- you said your job comes first, then family; no where did you say where she fits in.

So where you want her to see its for the good of the job, she sees that you put a phone before her. Also, I hope you realize that while she is not understanding, the underlying premise to your post says you're not understanding her either.

I hope you and she can come to some kind of compromise. I dont know you, but the whole post, IMO, screams of it being your way. Guzman said it BEST!!
    09-05-08 05:25 AM
    I've never had a guy have a problem with my berry, he just understands that I portion out my time evenly...

09-05-08 05:29 AM
    I'd be the same way if my bf said his job comes first. It is certainly important, but comes first?

What's more important, relationships or your BlackBerry? Show some self-control! Do your bosses really pay you to work ALL day?
    09-05-08 05:45 AM
    Nonsense put that d*mn BB down and show that lady some attention.. Nothing better than the feel of a woman..
    09-05-08 06:02 AM
    lol theres thing im sure your girl can do that crackberry.com cant
    09-05-08 06:16 AM
    Haha man... my girlfriend loves it when I take pics with her using my BB but other than that, she gets mad when I'm using it all day, during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I guess after the day I'd show her some love so she can forget I'm a crackberry addict. Lol

09-05-08 06:27 AM
    lol theres thing im sure your girl can do that crackberry.com cant

Agreed. I also agree, your job is more important, after all she is your "girlfriend" not your wife. Have you considered getting her a Berry for herself?
    09-05-08 06:35 AM
    Agreed. I also agree, your job is more important, after all she is your "girlfriend" not your wife. Have you considered getting her a Berry for herself?
    Thats what i did. Best 200 bucks i have ever spent!

She loves it...
    09-05-08 07:04 AM
    ....after all....the BB is nicely curved and react by every touch

Just kidding.
    09-05-08 07:21 AM
    Get her a blackberry! Problem solved. Although I predict you will be back saying your gf spends more time with the blackberry you bought her!

09-05-08 07:32 AM
    I totally agree with the ones that said buy her one. My husband and I both have BBs and although I am a little more into it than he is (just slightly because I read books on mine) we never have any problems and if I don't feel like talking to him I just BBM him.

is that sad?

Seriously though, get her one and then she'll come to appreciate why it's always near you.
    09-05-08 07:56 AM

Thanks for your help.
    I agree with the posts above.. I understand you have an obligation to your job. However, if you continue to surround yourselfwith your job. You will find that all you will have is your job and BB. You can figure out a way to portion your time evenly. There's no reason to check your phone constantly. Set ringers and alerts for things that are IMPORTANT. I feel like Dr. Phil

09-05-08 07:56 AM
    When both parties have a BlackBerry issues like this typically never happen.
    09-05-08 08:01 AM
    Thats what i did. Best 200 bucks i have ever spent!

She loves it...
    I did that too!!!! When I got my BB y got one for my husband so that he wouldn't feel left out... Our marriage is great and we are in constant communication thanks to our babies (BB's)
    09-05-08 08:03 AM
    09-05-08 08:18 AM
    my girl loves the fact that I have a blackbery She used to have a pearl and then switched to an iPhone 3G, but now she is getting another curve as a second phone...we are both addicted to phones and theres not a thing in the world that we argue about cause the relationship is perfect!!!
    09-05-08 08:26 AM
    Set up profiles so that you know what's truly important v. IM's and social stuff.

I agree with Scandalex, you haven't mentioned where she fits in. The BB can feel like "the other woman" when you drop your focus on her every time you buzz. How would you feel if the tables were turned?
    09-05-08 08:33 AM
    I am just curious if any of you other BB users have experienced this problem, and what you did to try and fix it...
    No I never had this problem. As to how you "fix it", how's this.
    Come to grips with the fact that it is a phone, and NO PHONE should
    ever come between 2 people. Seems really simple to me. Give her
    the attention she needs, wants and deserves, even if that means
    turning the damn thing off from time to time. Or at least ignore IT
    and NOT HER.

And the advice to get her one is asinine on it's face and probably
    totally useless in light of the fact that you will probably still be the
    same type of person you were before she got one.

Seems to me she doesn't need a BB, she needs a smarter man.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-05-08 at 08:52 AM.
    09-05-08 08:47 AM
    You've been together for a year? I think you threw that fact in there because its important, but its difficult to gauge how important without knowing how old you both are.

I understand that you're job is important to you. Mine is to me as well. I am a financial advisor and my clients want to reach me 24/7 but I have to be able to control how available I am.

I can't get into how important it is to have love in your life without knowing ur age. However I will say that you'll feel very unfufilled if you end up with a great job, an AWESOME BB and no one to share it all with.

Try this, make it a blockbuster night and rent yourself Sweet November with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron. As cheesy as it may sound, it may help put things in perspective for the both of you.

There are very few things in this world as great as the love of a good woman. Don't jeopordize it over a BB. Lol

09-05-08 08:59 AM
    I have this same problem, I've been dating this girl for almost 2 years now and she gets absolutely frustrated everytime I pull my phone out of the holster. And it's not even that I'm doing anything particularly spectacular..my BB just often finds a way to creep back into my hands after I've put it away for the 'last time' lol

But I'm going to make more of an effort to do better even though I truly believe she would understand my ways if she had a CrackBerry of her own...

09-05-08 09:20 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD