I'm not able to play any You Tube videos. I get an error message that says the file format is not supported. Last month when I got my 8330 I was able to play You Tube videos. What happened? What can I do?
    06-10-09 02:44 PM
    I'm not able to play any You Tube videos. I get an error message that says the file format is not supported. Last month when I got my 8330 I was able to play You Tube videos. What happened? What can I do?
    Did you go to the link m.youtube.video (that's for mobile)? My curve could mostly play youtube videos from there. Yes sometimes I would get the error "format not supported" and if I keep clicking/trying a few times I can play those videos.

You may also want to check out vuclips.com. There are tons of video there.

cheers,
    Tiv
    06-10-09 02:47 PM
    I was trying to play the videos from the Viigo/entertainment/YouTube. I think it is mobile YouTube.
    06-10-09 02:55 PM
    Did you go to the link m.youtube.video (that's for mobile)? My curve could mostly play youtube videos from there. Yes sometimes I would get the error "format not supported" and if I keep clicking/trying a few times I can play those videos.

You may also want to check out vuclips.com. There are tons of video there.

cheers,
    Tiv
    To my knowledge, the curve doesn't support Flash, which is necessary to play many of the videos. I also get error messages like the one you mentioned, while sometimes other videos will play just fine. It has also been my experience that VuClip seems to be a little more reliable for playback....However, I am not a huge video-person, so hopefully someone else can chime in.
    06-10-09 05:08 PM
    I have this problem with mobile youtube, but only when my signal is not very good.
    06-10-09 05:44 PM
    A friend of mine had an issue watching youtube on his 8900. I hunted around on the internet for a bit when I came across a thread on BB forums that had instructions on going through and reconfiguring your ip info. After that, it worked just fine. He's on Cincinatti Bell though, so I don't know if it was a carrier issue or not.
    06-10-09 06:03 PM
    To my knowledge, the curve doesn't support Flash, which is necessary to play many of the videos. I also get error messages like the one you mentioned, while sometimes other videos will play just fine. It has also been my experience that VuClip seems to be a little more reliable for playback....However, I am not a huge video-person, so hopefully someone else can chime in.
    no bb truely supports flash, but a lot of them can play youtube videos. my first Bold and my 8310 could play it, but with the one I have now I can't ever get them to play. I'm as clueless as anyone else.
    06-10-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD