... is not trusted." That is the error message that just popped up on my mother's new 8330, and she claims that she didn't press anything, but she really doesn't know what she is talking about. Excuse my frustration, but she just pulled up at my work and called me out of a meeting with an "emergency"... all for this. I don't know if I should click Continue, Close connection, View certificate, or Trust certificate, so I cannot see what she has open in the background. It looks like her messages inbox is in the background, but again, she claims that she made a phone call, hung up, and then saw this on the screen. I explained to her that it sounds like she must have been trying to make some kind of connection -- e.g. with the browser -- for that message to pop up, but she just gives me a stupid look and doesn't say anything, so I apologize that I cannot give you any more information.

Thanks for any help!!
    02-03-09 04:16 PM
    OKAY, so let me change my original question. I just told her that she was an imbecile and that I could see the consolidated messages inbox in the background and that she need to tell me what she was REALLY doing, because she wasn't merely making a phone call and this popped up on its own. I finally got her to admit that she opened a welcome message from Sprint.
    02-03-09 04:21 PM
    OKAY, so let me change my original question. I just told her that she was an imbecile and that I could see the consolidated messages inbox in the background and that she need to tell me what she was REALLY doing, because she wasn't merely making a phone call and this popped up on its own. I finally got her to admit that she opened a welcome message from Sprint.
    Lol, people are funny. Without all of the information, you sometimes can't fix things. Why they feel the need to lie about stuff like that is beyond me.
    02-03-09 04:25 PM
    Lol, people are funny. Without all of the information, you sometimes can't fix things. Why they feel the need to lie about stuff like that is beyond me.
    That's what I told her. I told her again that clicking on a welcome message from Sprint would most likely NOT give her that error message, and I asked her to tell me if she clicked on anything else or tried to do anything at all. She has now changed her story from "no" to "not that I remember....." at which point I said "OK, so I'll take that as a YES," and she just stared at the ground. UGH!

She had the kid at the Sprint store activate her phone earlier today, and now she is saying that she thinks this is from HIM, even though it was working fine after he activated it until she started fiddling around with it.

I think I'm just going to pull the battery out and hope that that message is gone when I put it back in. Does that sound like an OK idea? Thanks.

Again, I apologize, my frustration is not towards anyone here.
    02-03-09 04:28 PM
    That's what I told her. I told her again that clicking on a welcome message from Sprint would most likely NOT give her that error message, and I asked her to tell me if she clicked on anything else or tried to do anything at all. She has now changed her story from "no" to "not that I remember....." at which point I said "OK, so I'll take that as a YES," and she just stared at the ground. UGH!

She had the kid at the Sprint store activate her phone earlier today, and now she is saying that she thinks this is from HIM, even though it was working fine after he activated it until she started fiddling around with it.

I think I'm just going to pull the battery out and hope that that message is gone when I put it back in. Does that sound like an OK idea? Thanks.

Again, I apologize, my frustration is not towards anyone here.
    You could try a battery pull, yeah. I almost want to tell you to just hit "Trust" on whatever it is that's popping up, because I highly doubt it's anything malicious. But without knowing for sure what she was doing, it's probably not the best option.

I've never heard of anything bad happening to anyone's BB from clicking "Trust" on a message like that though.
    02-03-09 04:32 PM
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 04:33 PM
    hi carap.
    well since i downloaded the whatsapp application on my blackberry 9000, i keep receiving this msg : u r about to open ....when this msg pops again, click on view certificate, then go to Subject, and u can know which application caused this problem...
    i still dont know how to remove it without uninstalling the whatsapp app. from my cell.
    03-23-11 09:28 AM
    Ouch CaraP that's pretty harsh - I am having the same problem as your poor mom and believe me I didn't do anything to warrant this, my thought is I have an app or theme that may be causing this problem. Is it possible your Mom downloaded something for free and is afraid to tell you ?

I'm curious to know if you ever found out what it was.
    06-12-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD