I recently lost all of my messages due to the memory leak issue and deleted & reinstalled my Yahoo BIS account.

I noticed that when the Yahoo account was re-added, the new icon was now Yahoo specific with a mail envelope and Y! image.

I also have noticed that I am having sync issues that I did not experience before.

When a delete or read an email on my blackberry, it is NOT automatically updated within my yahoo account.

when I read or delete an email within Yahoo, it is also NOT automatically updated within my Blackberry.

I have had my curve since 6/1 and this is the first time I have experienced this issue.
    07-17-07 11:28 AM
    If you just added the Yahoo account, BIS 2.3. has some new features. Log back into BIS and check the option "auto sync account"...
    07-17-07 11:31 AM
    I do not see "auto sync", but I do see "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" and I do have that box checked.

Is this what you were referring to?

Is there a way to get the old yahoo icon back? It seems like the new one also does not display the number of unread messages in the same manner as my other mail accounts.
    07-17-07 01:06 PM
    I just found out from another thread that if you revert back to the "old" version of yahoo mail, the two-way sync seems to work out fine.

I tried this myself and it seemed to work.

If only the new version of yahoo mail could do the same. The weird thing is that up to yesterday, the two way-sync was working in either version.
    07-17-07 01:42 PM
    Yes, it was. I doubt you can get the old icon back since Yahoo have updated their services...

Is this what you were referring to?

Is there a way to get the old yahoo icon back? It seems like the new one also does not display the number of unread messages in the same manner as my other mail accounts.
    07-17-07 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD