The hourglass seems to come up a LOT! I've got a 4g card with 1.6 free, one other than stock theme, slacker w/ 8 stations cached, opera mini 4.2, like 10 games, Gmaps, captureit, buzzme, viigo, facebook, and a few other misc. Apps and a few launchers too.

I've deleted most of the stuff that's unneccesary. Should the hourglass be coming up all the time?

Any suggestions will help, thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:29 PM
    Are you not closing out of apps properly? Too close go to menu and scroll to close.

05-02-09 04:32 PM
    viigo and facebook can hog memory resources, especially if you have them running in the background to receive notifications and updates.

Hold the Alt key down, press the Back key and you should only have 5 apps running (Home, Phone, Browser, Messages, BBM), if anything else is running you can scroll to the icon then let go of the Alt key to open that app and then press Menu, select Exit/Close.
    05-02-09 04:45 PM
    Press the Left Caps button, Alt and H simultaneously and check your File free memory. If you have below 12 then your phone is killing your memory with apps.
    05-02-09 04:47 PM
    what os version are you on? and did you clean wipe it before u updated?
    05-03-09 10:26 AM
    what os version are you on? and did you clean wipe it before u updated?
    4.5.0.66, that what it came with. i did an update, but my phone didn't like it. so i reverted back to the original

Press the Left Caps button, Alt and H simultaneously and check your File free memory. If you have below 12 then your phone is killing your memory with apps.
    file free:36102950 bytes. what does that equal

viigo and facebook can hog memory resources, especially if you have them running in the background to receive notifications and updates.

Hold the Alt key down, press the Back key and you should only have 5 apps running (Home, Phone, Browser, Messages, BBM), if anything else is running you can scroll to the icon then let go of the Alt key to open that app and then press Menu, select Exit/Close.
    i did that, and opera, buzz me, and gmaps came up as well as the others

Are you not closing out of apps properly? Too close go to menu and scroll to close.

i usually back out of them. ill try closeing them now
    05-03-09 11:59 AM
    Irish, you are leaving apps running in the background. Close out of them correctly and you will most likely see a difference. Browser, BBM, Phone, Home, & Messages will always show open, but you still need to close them.
    05-03-09 12:03 PM
    Yep sounds like you werent closing your apps properly. Follow xliderider and vndlewis's advice and you should see less of that hourglass.
    05-03-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD