I have an 8330 and I was trying to download the XM radio application onto my Berry. I love XM adio in my truck and figured I would give this a try....needless to say when i try to send a text to the number and it sends me a link, it says software for my device is coming soon! I see all these other curves getting it to work and mine wont! what is the deal? HELP!!! Thanks!
    06-01-08 11:09 PM
    On my Q, I had a website that streamed XM stations and it was awesome. Unfortunately I am at work and dont have my old Q with me so I am not sure of the site offhand, but it wasn't owned by XM as I recalled.
    06-02-08 01:34 AM
    the only bad thing i found with the xm on the curve was that you have to buy another subscription for the phone. you cant just use it like you would online. it could be that it just isnt out for the 8330 yet because its newer and cdma.
    06-02-08 02:21 AM
    I talked to MX BB and Us cellular about Xm on my pearl and was told since it doesn't have an external antenna it can't get satilites so it can't use XM

This sounds like a load of crap

But that's what I was told by all 3
    06-02-08 08:14 AM
    yeah thats crap. if that were true, the curve couldnt get it either. but it does.
    XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry� even xm's site shows a pearl!
    06-02-08 01:26 PM
    its gotta work. I saw an article in PC today about it. When you get it to work, let us know how you like it.
    06-02-08 01:28 PM
    ah crap, can't use it with verizon.... is that because they've disabled the gps feature or what?
    06-02-08 01:30 PM
    Man, wish you could do this with Sirius.
    06-02-08 03:57 PM
    I had it on my Q, xstreamxm.com/mobile was the site and with unlimted data it wasnt an issue, but on my curve I cant get the damn thing to work. Any ideas, Im on verizon and dont need any satalite gps for it since its through the web for you guys who are about to say gps is disabled on verizon.
    06-02-08 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD