I was just curious if anyone has been able to find a way to get XM radio to work on their 8330?
    12-05-08 10:03 PM
    granted I didn't have an 8330, I had the 8320 and it worked ok on the one. I had a friend that had an 8330 and I believe it worked from him as well I kind of remember him hooking it into the car audio thru one of those fm transmitters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:10 PM
    It won't work on the 8330 because Sprint doesn't support XM Radio.
    12-05-08 10:13 PM
    Well I just want to take a min to say you shouldn't be listening to "xm" radio anyway!!! SiriuS is the way to go!!! Lol

12-05-08 11:01 PM
    Have you tried flycast or moodio?

12-05-08 11:04 PM
    Well I just want to take a min to say you shouldn't be listening to "xm" radio anyway!!! SiriuS is the way to go!!! Lol

well technically XM is Sirius, but I hate sirius, has crappy radio...i like O&A and Ron&Fez

Have you tried flycast or moodio?

I'll check those out right now. Thanks!
    12-06-08 06:45 PM
    I tried to download the XM program from XM's website about a month ago and it didn't work. However last night I tried again, and now it is working. All you have to do is go to xmradio.com/bb and follow the instructions it's pretty simple. Not sure if it had anything to do with upgrading my OS to .77 but hey it works now and is great. Any problems or questions let me know
    12-06-08 06:45 PM
    well technically XM is Sirius, but I hate sirius, has crappy radio...i like O&A and Ron&Fez

I'll check those out right now. Thanks!
    My personal favorite is flycast (most channels are commercial free), but with moodio you can add as many local or national radio stations that stream over the net as well.

12-06-08 06:55 PM
    It won't work on the 8330 because Sprint doesn't support XM Radio.
    OK, what about a Verizon 8330?
    12-06-08 07:16 PM
    I have been an XM subscriber since the first month they went hot.

My better half has Sirrius in her Jeep Wrangler. I'm not sure how the programming is 'cause the reception is not consistent enough to get a good sampling. We do not have repeaters in our area.
    12-06-08 07:20 PM
    Go the ORB route, I did and it's been awesome. Search ORB and XM and it should pop up.
    12-06-08 07:46 PM
    OK, what about a Verizon 8330?

Yes it will work on Verizon 8330, as I stated above I downloaded it the other day and it works fine. No issues at all.
    12-07-08 04:15 AM
    @rgreene21

Thanks so much for posting that address! i've been trying to get that free trial for 3 months. i have 4.5.0.77 now as well so that may be it!

i have and use moodio and it's great but i LOVE my Sirius radio! i like a lot of the XM stations that are now are Sirius such as the 90s station. It's a lot better than Sirius' was.

So i am hoping for a Sirius XM post "merger" app. But this XM one is a great start!

EDIT: just looked in the XM app and my favorite channel, Classic Vinyl is on there (Sirius channel)! So it looks like it may be XM Sirius app after all!

i'd love to be able to get more Sirius channels though, 100 and 15.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-07-08 at 07:08 AM.
    12-07-08 07:04 AM
    Ok, i'm probably overly excited! Doesn't take much but...

You can have Sirius XM playing and still surf the web, send emails etc! Yay!

i'm going to buy this app if i can get it as a Sirius subscriber. This is great!

12-07-08 07:13 AM
    I just downloaded the free trial for XM radio on my 8330 and the sound sucks- I thought it might be better with my apple ear buds but no go- still sucks. Anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix the sound quality?
    01-05-09 12:21 AM
    No, sound is pretty horrible. i deleted it

01-05-09 05:32 AM
    Hmm wonder why the sound is horrible for you guys. It sounds fine for me. Only thing that bothers me with it is every hour it will stop and ask you if you want to continue listening. Other than that's its great for the die hard OandA fan.

01-05-09 06:35 AM
    Here's why it doesn't sound so great, from the XM Site:

"Why doesn't the quality of XM Radio Mobile match up with XM Satellite Radio?

XM Radio Mobile relies on your mobile carrier's network to deliver a continuous audio stream to your BlackBerry. The amount of data that can be sent over this network is less than what can be sent via satellite to an XM Radio receiver. "

The comedy and voice channels sound ok. i'd subscribe if Stern was offered as well as more of the talk stations.

01-05-09 01:57 PM
    anyone know if you can get the best of sirius option on the xm application. I am a sirius man and would love to pick up Stern through my berry. You O&A fans do not have a clue what good radio sounds like.
    01-05-09 02:10 PM
    No, you cannot. i emailed the makers of the XM Mobile app and it's not available. They put me on a list and said they will alert me when Stern is available. So who knows.

01-05-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD