Hi all,

I just got my BB Curve 8320. I do not know if my questions should go here or somewhere else.

I did try to search on all posts but could not find any thread (yet) related to my problems.

My problem is: i just realised my BB do not keep SMS forever. My questions are;

1. Can I set my BB Curve to store SMS forever? If so, will it detrimental to the memory capacity and slow down the system?

2. If I can set my BB Curve to keep SMS forever - how to do it?

3. I tried to synch with Outlook hoping that SMS can be saved as well, apparantly the SMS does not synch with Outlook. I need advise on how to save SMS on the desktop? I use Outlook programme on OS Windows XP. Can anyone help?

those are my questions and I sincerely hope taht more experience member in this forum can help me out.

Thanks you all,
    Josh
    11-24-08 09:32 AM
    There is a 3rd pary application I have seen that will email a copy of the SMS to the computer,

The more SMS built up, the slower your curve and laggy its going to become..

Under your messages icon, options, general options, scroll the the bottom and change to Keep Messages - forver.

But keep in mind, it may end up being detrimental.
    11-24-08 09:36 AM
    I got a Curve 8310 ...and for me to keep the SMS forever i just go to the option in SMS and change it to forever...
    11-24-08 09:37 AM
    11-24-08 09:41 AM
    You can go to SMS-OPTIONS-GENERAL OPTIONS and select KEEP MESSAGES: FOREVER.

Moreover, you can select as many SMS messages as you want and you can press the menu button and choose SAVE MESSAGES.

Now to export the SMS messages to your PC:
    There is a third party software ABC AMBER BLACKBERRY CONVERTER that can export the messages to your PC.
    First you will have to fully backup your 8310 and save the contents into an .ipd file (through your Blackberry desktop software).
    Then you run the ABC application and open the .ipd file. It then gives you the option to save, edit, file the SMS messages to your PC.
    Works great!
    01-13-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD