OMG, Hello fellow abusers. This OS is amazing. Just works so much more llike a little computer. The video recorder is excellent, and is a much needed upgrade. The streaming video is nice, not the best quality, but its great to have. The browser now uses the pointer like mouse situation rather than that annoying "thingamabob" before. This is great..... Any ideas on how i can get a better quality video from streaming? And who eles is with me with the OS, its great.... Now all i need is an 8GB memory card and im set.... good by iphone
    05-07-08 10:00 AM
    Would you like to share with me how I can get the OS 4.5 also? Thanks.
    05-07-08 10:03 AM
    Just search in google.....But beware does not work flawlesly for eveyone. Its not the official OS yet, its just the BETA. DL it from this first link and make sure you have the newest version of DM. Then be sure to delete your vendor file and it should then propmt you to upgrade... Search here on the forums for instructions. gl
    05-07-08 10:04 AM
    ....Oohh boy....

Counting down.
    05-07-08 11:25 AM
    I have a question about the download site. If you don't pay money they you have to wait 2.4 minutes and then you get a code word that has little cats embedded in the letters. The instructions tell you to enter all of the letter that contain a cat and then in the next sentence tell you to enter only 4 letters. The cat icons are rotated and entwined with the letters so that it is difficult to tell if any particular letter really has a cat icon in it or just scribbling. I've now made 5 attempts to access this download and keep getting told I'm not entering the code in properly. Can someone tell me how the heck to enter this stupid code word?
    05-07-08 11:31 AM
    They have cats, just look carefully.
    05-07-08 11:40 AM
    anybody want to take bets on when the law gets laid down in here?
    05-07-08 11:41 AM
    They have cats, just look carefully.
    It says enter characters but you will need the numbers too.
    05-07-08 11:44 AM
    anybody want to take bets on when the law gets laid down in here?
    Lol I'm with you. I saw a topic earlier and someone posted the link.. I ran and dusted off the finger prints.
    05-07-08 11:45 AM
    LOL FTWrath. i downloaded the os from there too but i kept getting an error message and it didnt load. i got it from another place and i got the error message too but it killed my phone. when i put everything back in app loader 4.5 was magically on. email me if you want it. [email protected] (posting your email is legal right?? i hope.)
    05-07-08 12:03 PM
    Hahaha I think so. I never got the error message it installed gracefully. But a lot of people have been encountering that issue. All you have to do like you said is unplug and it's on.
    05-07-08 12:09 PM
    I got it, never had an issue, and am loving it.
    05-07-08 12:43 PM
    Installing it now, cannot wait to see how sweet it is.
    05-07-08 01:19 PM
    When is the 4.5 OS coming out for the rest of us?
    05-07-08 01:53 PM
    according to http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/att...85/#post301072 it should be in july some time, possibly earlier depending on your carrier.

edit: i should mention that nothing official has been announced, so nothing is set in stone just yet.
    05-07-08 02:05 PM
    Installing 4.5 on my 8300 as I post this reply. Hope all goes well!
    05-07-08 02:08 PM
    The new os is not supposed to be shared publicly so I would be careful the admin already put out a thread about not sharing it... Just think of it as "fight club" and the first rule of fight club is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 02:10 PM
    The new os is not supposed to be shared publicly so I would be careful the admin already put out a thread about not sharing it... Just think of it as "fight club" and the first rule of fight club is?

the first rule of fight club is.....only talk about fight club thru PM's.
    05-07-08 02:14 PM
    Lmfao exactly

05-07-08 02:19 PM
    Haha what a thread, haven't seen this one before

05-07-08 02:59 PM
    This thread will end up in flames

05-07-08 03:15 PM
    FYI - You don't want to get banned over something simple. So, communicate with each other via PM or e-mails regarding the "specific" download sites. Don't respond with hyperlinks in the forums.
    05-07-08 04:19 PM
    Actually the first rule of Fight Club is.... Don't Talk about Fight Club.

BTW, IBTL.
    05-07-08 04:55 PM
    Actually the first rule of Fight Club is.... Don't Talk about Fight Club.

BTW, IBTL.
    haha, you sure? i could have sworn they said something about keeping it to PM's.
    05-07-08 05:03 PM
    4.5 is good, but too many bugs right now. The biggest is the memory hog. It takes up an extra 10MB for video? Wow! I've since went back to 4.2.
    05-07-08 05:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD