Haven't posted for some days to give the device a nice "BURN IN" as I call it... and I have to say I haven't had any mayor issues.

Few things I have noticed:

Sometimes the trackball seems to be unresponsive and it happens to coincide with the times I am send/receiving data as I can see the arrows on the top right. Have played with the sensitivity settings but I don't see much of a change. Might be a refresh rate issue but I wouldn't know were to change that as the settings for the trackball are for sensitivity.

Connections over WIFI are great had to change the APN in the TCP settings to solve a call issue I had every time I tried calling when in UMA. Also updated my QoS and it fixed the call issue completely. (correct APN for T-Mobile is wap.voicestrem.com Just in case!)

Battery life is about 10% to 15% better... great!!

Text is more legible

Have tried the different emulations of the browser. I like that I can change and view content when in a low bandwidth area or while on edge using the blackberry settings and then when on WIFI I cna really have a true looking IE emulation. (can choose it there)

HTML Email is GREAT!! Very fast too!!

The Video is a great addition, I have not been able to send any out of the device, neither through Email nor MMS because of size restrictions...Don't know of a workaround. (Any advice would be great...)

Have had a couple of long calls drop, (only happened on long ones...more than 20 mins) but I think it might have been a dead spot somewhere. I will keep checking just in case. (If anyone has had this happen I get a rapid busy tone)

All in all I am very pleased with the changes. All key aspects have been worked on and can only get better. I am very impressed with the battery improvement. And even think that the signal meter is more accurate. Before the update, sometimes I would have signal but I was unable to dial out (call failed message) now it fluctuates a bit more but is always right on!!

BB team, Great job!! Hope to get my hands on a Bold in Jan when Tmo is supposed to get them (as per my conversation with a Tmo representative) my wife is psyched about getting my Curve!! Hehe.. She likes it better than the Bold and who am I to contradict her!!

If I think or find something else I will be sure to post....
    07-28-08 12:17 AM
    This was posted earlier but I didn't see an answer....Any help is appreciated:

"This is my work phone (on ATT). Since it's managed by our IT dept., what are the chances that I'll be able to do the OS upgrade myself? Is that something that is controlled on a network level? (I just don't want to try and find out it won't work, and then have to explain what I was doing to get them to fix my phone. They won't be happy.)"

Thanks to all you people who are so supportive for us noobs on these forums !
    07-28-08 12:35 AM
    This was posted earlier but I didn't see an answer....Any help is appreciated:

"This is my work phone (on ATT). Since it's managed by our IT dept., what are the chances that I'll be able to do the OS upgrade myself? Is that something that is controlled on a network level? (I just don't want to try and find out it won't work, and then have to explain what I was doing to get them to fix my phone. They won't be happy.)"

Thanks to all you people who are so supportive for us noobs on these forums !
    I don't have a work BlackBerry. For one reason, I know my companies policy doesn't allow you to do anything to the device. If you on BES they can not only prevent you for doing most things, they will know when you do anything if your on BES. I wouldn't risk your job. Talk to your IT folks or check your policies and see what is allowed. I most cases not much.

Cheaper to purchase your own BlackBerry and service to toy with than risk losing your job.
    07-28-08 07:24 AM
    Just downloaded the official OS 4.5.0.52 for my BlackBerry 8320, and everything works perfect, i suggest all of you upgrade if you havn't, Here is the link!

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...223C61B1B5AB89

This will work on T-Mobile perfectly, just delete the vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

then just open up your BlackBerry Desktop Manager and it will automatically upgrade :-)
    Will this work on the 8330?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 07:43 AM
    Don't really know, my Pearl is still on 4.2 until this weekend
    well darn! <taking back my title> LOL
    07-28-08 07:47 AM
    i just installed the 4.5 from bb website and it worked fin then all of a sudden it said app error 523 reset.. and it keeps reseting... WTF DO I DO?????
    09-25-08 09:05 PM
    I'm really confused there are sooo many threads with beta os 4.5 this or that. The RIM site says there is an official 4.5 os release when I try the link and enter my PIN it says not yet supported by carrier. This thread is titled official release but folks are still having issues. This is why I have yet to upgrade what's with all the threads regarding the same beta releases?

09-25-08 09:27 PM
    ok.. new question.. i went through about 5 pages and didnt see anything related to this.. but when i tried to watch a video on youtube mobile, then phone shuts off and resets itself... any idea why? thanks
    09-25-08 10:07 PM
    Krazy, it sounds as if you need to downgrade to your original OS. You can get a copy from your provider. One thing wrong I could see trying to fix it, but it sounds like you're having multiple problems. After you downgrade, you can try again -- or you can try to reload the 4.5. BTW which version did you upgrade to?

A suggestion I have for you, if you didn't do this, is to always save your OS download to your computer -- I save to my desktop and then install to your computer. Anyway, don't use the same copy of the 4.5 you downloaded. Delete it from your computer and get a fresh copy. I'm thinking you have a bad download .

Now if you roll back to your original OS or reload A new copy of 4.5, you'll need to upgrade a little differently. I have posted those instructions below. Good luck.

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file just as described above.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install. You'll know your new OS is installed successfully when the Desktop Manager's Update Complete screen appears and your device's radio turns back on.*

Shortly after the process finishes up, you should receive a message in you inbox to let you know your device is registered with your carrier's network. If you don't receive such a message, resend your device's e-mail service books.* You can send service books in two ways, using either your BlackBerry itself or your carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) page.* To send service books via BlackBerry, open your E-Mail Settings/Set-Up Internet E-mail icon, log in if prompted, and click Service Books option under the Settings heading. On the following page, send the books by hitting Service Books again.

09-25-08 10:35 PM
    I'm really confused there are sooo many threads with beta os 4.5 this or that. The RIM site says there is an official 4.5 os release when I try the link and enter my PIN it says not yet supported by carrier. This thread is titled official release but folks are still having issues. This is why I have yet to upgrade what's with all the threads regarding the same beta releases?

FM, what happens is people start threads and they go away. Then someone will find an old thread and "bring it back to life." Pretty soon there's lots of different threads about the same thing floating around. This thread is an example of that. The last post before Krazy found it and thought it fit his problem was in July. We've had a few versions of OS upgrades in that time.

I'm not criticizing Krazy, it's an easy thing to do. The title seemed right -- and it did attract attention. Just use your best judgment about what to do, and start a thread to post a question if you can't find an answer. Most of us here like to help.

09-25-08 10:44 PM
    well the first issue about the app error was just because of the theme, i already fixed that.. and the second error was because the phone was trying to boot up with a theme that didnt exist anymore.. but this youtube thing.. i just tried again and the phone didnt shut off.. it basically says error has been found unable to play media.. but the phone sitll works fine... oh well.. ill just watch youtube on the computer lol... if anything else comes up.. this is my new fav place to be lol... thanks again
    09-25-08 10:49 PM
    Exelant oooh thanks for clarifying so I should be good to go with trying out the new OS I just don't wanna lock my tmo 8320.

09-25-08 11:05 PM
    I dowlaoded this last night on my 8320 curve ,carrier Orange.At frist i had app error 523 reset but went back deleted non offical themes and hey presto alls good i love and put the themes back on this morning its faster i have loads more on my phone.Do it today i say enjoy!!!
    10-10-08 05:00 AM
    I dowlaoded this last night on my 8320 curve ,carrier Orange.At frist i had app error 523 reset but went back deleted non offical themes and hey presto alls good i love it and put the themes back on this morning its faster i have loads more on my phone.Do it today i say enjoy!!!
    10-10-08 05:01 AM
    Just down loaded and installed the t-mobile OS v4.5.0.81 to my 8320.

Took a couple of tries to get the Enterprise activation working.
    The video requires a video formatted card- but with Black Friday coming I will get one of those in the next day or so.

The voice recorder and the media player don't like each other... I can record the voice but not play it back.

The youtube streaming media is nice and it works on edge and WiFi.

Some things I am going to test in the next day- Bluetooth and UMA. if those work I will even put my dream of the wifi-less Storm on hold.

Reason for the post- the version of the update. I had not seen anyone reverence the .81 build and was curios to see how people felt about it.

I did download it directly from the t-mobile site.
    11-26-08 06:35 PM
190 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD