I have been watching a apple iPhone OS 4 video and jobs showed a slide of usage market share. iPhone has 64% wile the BB only has 9%. BB is also behind the Android. While I like my BB I can tell you some of its issues.

1. Internal RAM is low on all BB units in comparison to the iPhone/Android
    2. BB seems more complicated
    3. BB is not the best for multimedia
    4. The Browser BUILT INTO the BB is lame (NOTE most users are not aware of 3rd party browsers).
    5. Lack of apps in comparison to the 185,000 in the app store for the iPhone.
    6. Other

Like I said I love my BB! But these are the reasons I think it has fallen behind the Android and iPhone. BB was the first smart phone, and certainly a much better Phone than the Palm Pre, PocketPC phones, and other phones.

But I also wonder if Apple has slightly exaggerated the stats.

John
    04-11-10 04:18 AM
    I don't know the stats but I can't help but wonder if that's restricted to personal and non-business users. BlackBerry still rocks the corporate world, which has always been RIM's target consumer until recently when they started a strategy to market to general consumers as well. RIM is actually pretty new to the general consumer base and it's not surpising that they have a relatively small market share there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 07:08 AM
    you can find any stats to support any "fact" or theory you want.

Apple will find whatever stats they can to prove they have bigger "market share" while Blackberry will do the same

In this case "market share" could simply be "males aged 13-20, whos parents have more money then brains and will buy their kids anything". Or it could be an actual survey done of a specific group of people that Apple knows they are selling more iPhones to then Blackberrry is.
    04-11-10 07:43 AM
    Market share in this case is reported by AdMob. No, or very few, Blackberry Apps use the AdMob advertising in their apps which would explain the "lower market share".
    04-11-10 09:10 AM
    This topic has been beaten to death in the News and Rumors catigory.

04-11-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD