I just joined here, and I must say this site is very disorganized and unfriendly. Anyway, I am hoping that someone here will have information (that I CAN use) regarding my phone. BB Curve 8330, OS is 4.3.0.127 (230). If needed, I can provide the platform build. There is no specific thing I need to know, what I want is everything since I seem to have a BB 8330 that doesn't exist (???). After (many hours now) searching and some Linux trickery I have managed to get the MSL tied to this phone, however, the screens I see do not show alot of information that is purported to show. On top of this, I installed Windows XP3 in a different partition in order to install BB Desktop manager only to find that my phone is not detected, I find this odd since I do, indeed, have access to the media card, even on Linux. (I am working on a driver for Linux), I am missing information. So, I need all available technical information. I don't need explanations, just data.
    09-03-11 07:54 PM
    What are you trying to do? Are you trying to update your OS? The latest official OS can be found here.

If you need instructions on how to upgrade your OS, this is a good guide.
    09-03-11 08:08 PM
    Not trying to upgrade OS, I am trying to compile as much technical data as I can. From what I understand there is disparity and I am trying to compile as much data (not OS Dependant) as I can.
    09-03-11 10:38 PM
    I think you titled this thread correctly...
    09-03-11 10:44 PM
    I just joined here, and I must say this site is very disorganized and unfriendly. Anyway, I am hoping that someone here will have information (that I CAN use) regarding my phone. BB Curve 8330, OS is 4.3.0.127 (230). If needed, I can provide the platform build. There is no specific thing I need to know, what I want is everything since I seem to have a BB 8330 that doesn't exist (???). After (many hours now) searching and some Linux trickery I have managed to get the MSL tied to this phone, however, the screens I see do not show alot of information that is purported to show. On top of this, I installed Windows XP3 in a different partition in order to install BB Desktop manager only to find that my phone is not detected, I find this odd since I do, indeed, have access to the media card, even on Linux. (I am working on a driver for Linux), I am missing information. So, I need all available technical information. I don't need explanations, just data.
    Let me google that for you
    09-04-11 04:22 AM
    TequilaAddict. If you don't actually have anything useful to post in ANSWER to my question then GFY!
    09-04-11 09:51 AM
    I don't want to upgrade and I don't need to read reviews. I have already utilized Google, thankyaverymuch. If you like spending hours and hours reading hundreds of other disorganized forum postings, if you like trying to sift those postings for useful info amidst all the off topic and totally banal chatter, then Google is definitely for you. Thanks for your help, snobby comodians.
    Last edited by AcidSikeO; 09-04-11 at 10:01 AM.
    09-04-11 09:57 AM
    People don't NEED to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 11:09 AM
    Whatever. You're obviously trolling. "Thanks" for your input.
    09-04-11 11:32 AM
    We can't really help you with this sort of generic question. If you can frame a specific question, for example, "What is the latest OS version that will work with my 8330?", then we can help you. I must say though, that there is something about your tone in this thread that makes me, and probably many others, somewhat indifferent to your needs.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    09-04-11 11:32 AM
    Call 9-wah-wah guys, we need a wahmbulance.

There is no specific thing I need to know, what I want is everything
    This is what Google is for. Do you really expect someone to type out a technical document for you on everything there is to know about the 8330? Read the user guide, there's 265 pages to get you started.
    09-04-11 11:50 AM
    Could you have obtained a fake BlackBerry, some Chinese knockoff? Maybe that's why it's not being recognized ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 02:56 PM
    We can't really help you with this sort of generic question. If you can frame a specific question, for example, "What is the latest OS version that will work with my 8330?", then we can help you. I must say though, that there is something about your tone in this thread that makes me, and probably many others, somewhat indifferent to your needs.
    Very, Very well put...
    09-07-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD