My precious Curve 8330 is constantly giving me the hourglass, and the battery is positively leaking onto the floor. (Er...metaphorically...) I'm not even receiving email or Facebook updates.

The situation:

I haven't installed any new apps.

The only things apparently running in the background are the usual call log, browser, homescreen, messages and messenger.

I deleted all of my stored texts, Facebook stuff, email, etc. I apparently have about 41 mb free.

My berry is disturbingly WARM.

A soft reset worked for a few hours, then back to this foolishness.

Tried a double soft reset, and pulled the battery, nope, still fubared.

This seemed to start when I connected it via USB to a computer at my school. Didn't end up accomplishing anything, though. I didn't think that was terribly stupid, am I wrong?

I looked all over the forums, but didn't find anything similar that wasn't solved with a reset.
    02-17-09 08:06 AM
    The symptoms you are describing are related to the Facebook application. Numerous people have been affected by this, your best bet is to delete the app until the new one is released...
    02-17-09 08:09 AM
    A warm BB cause by the battery usually means you are over amping the battery during charging. Are you regularly charing your BB using USB? If so, this is likely the cause, and probably your battery is on the way if not already out.

To check, see if you can swap the battery from another Curve for a while to see if the behavior continues. Don't charge it with anything. No point in fragging another battery.
    02-17-09 08:11 AM
    I agree with that also WNM, the Facebook bug is the app want's to constantly update itself, using all data communication to do so. The Berry is working hard and using alot of battery juice at this time, others have complained about the warm battery and drainage...
    02-17-09 08:19 AM
    I hardly ever charge with USB, but that's good to know anyway.

I deleted Facebook, but weirdly enough the icon just got moved to the top...according to the app list, it's not there anymore. My berry seems to be working fine, and I apparently missed at least 25 emails... Hopefully it'll behave...
    02-17-09 08:40 AM
    Are you regularly charing your BB using USB? If so, this is likely the cause, and probably your battery is on the way if not already out.
    Woah... never knew that could happen. I almost always charge via USB. Not anymore.

I deleted Facebook, but weirdly enough the icon just got moved to the top...
    I think Verizon puts a launcher on the main page that will bring you to download the app if you don't have it already. Just hide it or put it in a folder.
    02-17-09 08:54 AM
    Correct, the icon is apart of your service books, just hide the icon, that is the best you can do. As long as you deleted the app, the icon will not use any memory...
    02-17-09 08:56 AM
    I agree with that also WNM, the Facebook bug is the app want's to constantly update itself, using all data communication to do so. The Berry is working hard and using alot of battery juice at this time, others have complained about the warm battery and drainage...
    Yep I can confirm that with facebook.
    02-17-09 08:56 AM
    Curse that FB app.
    02-17-09 08:58 AM
    how do you keep usb from charging the phone? When I hook up my 8310 it automatically starts charging, and I put things on my phone from puter so i need the usb cord.
    02-17-09 11:04 AM
    Woah... never knew that could happen. I almost always charge via USB. Not anymore.
    In general there should be no problem with charging via USB. There reason I mentioned it in my post is that the OP said his problems started after he started charing with USB. I charge with USB when necessary with no ill affects.
    02-17-09 11:13 AM
    I had this problem as well. I got rid of the Facebook app and we were back in business. So the reccomendation to delete the Facebook app are spot on. Besides you can access Facebook from the web anyway.
    02-17-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD