friends, i need help:

i recently got blackberry 8300 (curve) from my work and i used "personal email set up" icon to create my personal email (gmail). Now it looks like i'm getting my personal email sent to my "Messages" icon. I am assuming that the message icon is not my work email icon, but an icon that ALL messages go to. one of my friends told me that i should download a separate gmail by searching google.. then, all email for my gmail would go to that separate icon and it will not go to the "Messages" icon. but first, i need to get rid of the original gmail account i set up using "personal email set up". so i went to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book/ and got rid 2 application that read my gmail account. i sent a test email to my gmail account, thinking that no email would go to my "Messages" icon, but it still does! how do i forever delete my personal email so no personal email goes to my "message" icon? more importantly, how can i separate my work email to my personal email???
    09-09-07 06:05 PM
    We really do have plenty of threads on this...

But, in answer to your question, check your theme settings (messages / menu / options / SMS & Email Inboxes- set the setting accordingly...
    09-09-07 06:21 PM
    It sounds like you are on a BIS. You need to login to BES and delete the Gmail account from the BIS. (If you need a link to the BIS site, click the FAQ's link in my sig and find the thread regarding BIS sites and click the link for At&t)

Then download the gmail Blackberry program. I believe you can get that by going to gmail.com/app on your blackberry (not 100% sure on that url)
    09-09-07 06:21 PM
    navilyn-
    thanks for the reply... but i went there already, and doesn't the sms & email inboxes just separate my text icon and my general email icon? i left mine set as "separate" and i have a separate icon for text and email... but i really want to separate my work email from my personal email.... sorry if i'm not understanding u fully... i'm a newbie
    09-09-07 06:29 PM
    i am sorry i am not understanding... bis is internet and bes is for my work right? i do not know how to find threads... i feel like a ******
    09-09-07 06:33 PM
    Yes, BES is work, and BIS personal. But, the only REAL way to seperate the two is if you have Gmail or Yahoo as your personal email. If yes, you can use the GMail application or the Yahoo one. Those TWO both give you seperate icons. But, the GMail will NOT notify you of new emails, you have to refresh the software...
    09-09-07 06:36 PM
    i went to your thread and tried to register and it says i already have an account... does that mean that my company IT already set something up? i dont know my id and password..
    09-09-07 06:40 PM
    Yes, typically BES is for work. BUT, you might just have a work email address using BIS. It depends. Usually if you are on a BES, you know because an IT person set it up for you. Is that the case or did you set it up.

Also, if you want to search for threads, right above the first post in every thread is a purple bar. Click the button that say search for threads and type in some keywords there.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, we are here to help.
    09-09-07 06:40 PM
    We really do have plenty of threads on this...

But, in answer to your question, check your theme settings (messages / menu / options / SMS & Email Inboxes- set the setting accordingly...
    Ignore that post ^, I think he misunderstood what you were asking.
    i went to your thread and tried to register and it says i already have an account... does that mean that my company IT already set something up? i dont know my id and password..
    Either that or you set it up. Do you work for a large company? Have you ever heard the words "Exchange Server" or "BlackBerry Enterprise Sever" at work? That probably means you are on a BES.
    09-09-07 06:42 PM
    hi all,

i am having the same issue, both my work (using BES) and personal email dumped into my messages folder. is there anyway to segregate them into their own message folders? i get my yahoo emails in my yahoo email folder AND in my messages folder. frustrating.
    09-12-07 01:34 AM
    hi all,

i am having the same issue, both my work (using BES) and personal email dumped into my messages folder. is there anyway to segregate them into their own message folders? i get my yahoo emails in my yahoo email folder AND in my messages folder. frustrating.
    This is just the way Blackberry works. It bothered the **** out of me at first, but now I am used to it. If you really just want to see work e-mails, select View Folder, Inbox. Note this won't stick though, just a temporary view.
    09-12-07 07:29 PM
    This is just the way Blackberry works. It bothered the **** out of me at first, but now I am used to it. If you really just want to see work e-mails, select View Folder, Inbox. Note this won't stick though, just a temporary view.
    Is this the definitive answer on this subject? There is REALLY no way to have Yahoo mail NOT show up in the "messages" folder? Anything I can do with filters? I really need to have my work (BES) and personal (Yahoo) emails separate -- the volume of each demands it.

Thanks in advance!
    10-03-07 07:23 PM
    Try this... And since I have a 7250 (OLD SCHOOL BABY!) not sure how to do it wit the track ball instead of the wheel but Unhide all icons. I have 2 mail icons on mine that I just bundled into the main message folder. You are trying to do the opposite. So if you unhide your icons you should see a message folder for each of your accounts. Then just hide the main folder and wala! Make sense to anybody?
    10-03-07 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD