I went to verizon today and asked them what they could do for me. Well my upgrade wasn't till january 09 but they gave me an early upgrade and a $50 "vip" credit as well as a $70 mail in rebate so all said and done it was only $100. Not bad for not being due for my upgrade yet. My new pin is 31A972B1
    I'm finally rid of that darn suretype of my 8130 lol now my girlfriend has it
    07-01-08 09:30 PM
    Congrats! I've found Verizon quite accommodating for their VIP customers and figuring out ways to trigger upgrades. And to become VIP seems trivial at best, everyone I know who has been with them over a year seems to be one of some sort.

It's probably a ploy that we've all fallen for and it's meaningless but they play to our ego.
    07-01-08 09:31 PM
    Congrats...I don't really care for VZW..but they sure took care of you..GJ..
    07-01-08 09:32 PM
    Congrats on the new Curve. VZW has been great with me too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 09:36 PM
    that's great news! congrats!!!
    07-01-08 10:00 PM
    Congrats on getting your Curve, sure glad Verizon showed you some extra love.

07-01-08 10:41 PM
    Good for you. Enjoy it.
    07-02-08 03:27 AM
    Congrats on your new Curve..
    07-02-08 03:29 AM
    Nice new signature, BerryLatina!!
    07-02-08 03:33 AM
    Congrats on the curve!

07-02-08 04:40 AM
    Congrats on the new curve! Enjoy it!

Dont know about the VIP thing but VZW definately knows how to keep a customer. After all my discounts/rebates (new every 2, re-signing a 2yr contract etc) my 8330 only cost me $49.99. Then they gave me a month service ($60) free for re-signing. In the end, they actually paid me $10 to take the Curve.
    07-02-08 05:00 AM
    Nice new signature, BerryLatina!!
    Hey thanks - or thanks to you!!
    07-02-08 05:46 AM
    Congrats on the new curve! Enjoy it!

Dont know about the VIP thing but VZW definately knows how to keep a customer. After all my discounts/rebates (new every 2, re-signing a 2yr contract etc) my 8330 only cost me $49.99. Then they gave me a month service ($60) free for re-signing. In the end, they actually paid me $10 to take the Curve.
    Sounds like you got quite the deal there. You are very lucky because big red usually isnt willing to go out of there way for things like that. Were you at a corporate store or an indirect?

You'll love your curve, its an unbelievable device.
    07-02-08 07:12 AM
    They gave my Wife and I a great deal, even though we couldn't upgrade until October. I think after all was said and done, we ended up paying $49.99 for our Curves. I almost didn't do it, I was really getting use to and liking the suretype on my Pearl, but the Wife talked me into it. We love them! Long live BB! Still trying to learn everything this device is capable of.
    07-02-08 07:21 AM
    I find VZW to be pretty good to people who are loyal as far as length of service. Congrats on the new Berry!!
    07-02-08 07:23 AM
    Sounds like you got quite the deal there. You are very lucky because big red usually isnt willing to go out of there way for things like that. Were you at a corporate store or an indirect?

You'll love your curve, its an unbelievable device.
    Was actually one of their Customer Retention mailings. Gave me a choice of several new phones, all pretty deeply discounted. I couldnt believe they'd go that low either. Glad to be proved wrong.
    07-02-08 07:34 AM
    Conrats on your new Curve...I love Verizon and the Curve I just got from them. They make you a great deal to get you hooked...but it's worth every penny they paid you.
    07-02-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD