I originally thought my precious Curve was nuked when it started shutting off randomly; I would start surfing the internet and it would shut off and I'd be unable to turn it back on. So I started doing the usual battery pulls and whatnot. Then yesterday came, and it started shutting off during phone calls. I've read all about nuked BlackBerrys (ies?) so I managed to backup my data, download the software from T-Mobile and wiped the Curve.

I thought this would work, only four hours later, I'm still having the same exact issues. I finally noticed this little problem: it's mainly happening when the phone is not being charged (it has a full battery, by the way), and I'm on a phone call. Does anyone know what's going on, has anyone had this happen to them? I'm really upset about this, and I need to be able to use my phone off the charger!
    Last edited by cera; 09-18-08 at 11:50 PM.
    09-18-08 02:31 PM
    examine the contacts on the phone and the battery, make sure they are clean and not bent.
    09-18-08 02:34 PM
    I tried that, and neither the battery or the phone contacts looked dirty to me or my dad. I don't think it's just a matter of it being off the charger, because when I was in the car using the charger, it died then as well. I even tried using the battery from his BlackBerry to power my phone; yet again, a few minutes into a phone call it died again. I don't have any third party applications on it anymore, just the latest OS from T-Mobile. So if it's not a battery issue and not a third party issue ... what could it be?
    09-18-08 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD