I'm well aware that BBs will delete info on its own to create more space- but mine won't STOP deleting! It cleared out my messages, call logs, BBM conversations. So I took my pictures on my media card and put them on my computer to make more room but everytime I get a text message or BBM message, it deletes it after I close out- so when I go back in a minute later they're gone already. How can I get it to stop doing that?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    09-18-08 07:41 AM
    Please post you file free number here. Options>status>File free. Most like there are other things that need to be done. Also check out memory link in signature. Move picture form the momry card will not do anything for the device memory
    09-18-08 07:44 AM
    The phone only uses the media card as a storage device, not for system memory, so removing your pics won't help you.

Check yoiur available memory by going into Options...Status and look at the File Free. If it's low, you need to clear some things out.

Do you have many 3rd party apps installed? Pictures or other media in device memory? Do a lot of browsing?
    09-18-08 07:51 AM
    Memory: 36782184 bytes
    09-18-08 07:54 AM
    Yes I do a lot of browsing- my pictures are all on my memory card and the only app. I've downloaded is AIM
    09-18-08 07:56 AM
    That should be okay. Might be a corrupted application hard to tell, if the device has just reset though that memory number might scewed. Keep an eye on it. Try a full battery reset with device powered on. This will reset the memory and OS.
    09-18-08 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD