I have the 8310 and I've recently been having problems.. I've had a bberry for years and never had problem w service..

Now, I'm stuck in GSM most of the time, or edge. Once in a while it will go to EDGE.... but even when in EDGE it wont send pins. It will give the little clock beside it.. a few mins later my phone will beep and it will show the red X.

Ocassionaly when in EDGE and pins seem to be working, I will click reply to a pin, type in the msg and click send. Right away it will come back w a big red X. So, I check the msg and it will say Invalid Pin. I click show address and it wont.

I go in to my address book and open that persons name, and their # email, pin and all info will be gone, its blank. But it will come back after a few mins of being left alone ..

I've tried taking battery out, been on phone w provider many times ...

what is going on ???

Derek.
    06-18-09 08:51 PM
    Sounds like either corrupt Service books(login to BB to resend) or a bad SIM.
    06-18-09 09:17 PM
    login to bb to resend? how do i do that?
    06-18-09 11:00 PM
    Do a search on here for "resend service books." I'm WAP or I'd link you direct.
    There are tons of threads with walkthroughs.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:52 AM
    go to your email set up and there should be something that says resend service books
    06-19-09 12:55 AM
    Now, I think I have narrowed it down that it only acts like this in my house... but like I said i've had a bberry for year and have always had service, my wife and I are both w Rogers, and she has no problems w service.

Could it be some sort of interference in my house?

Its a work phone and some functions are disabled, bluetooth, internet, email etc. All we have is pinning and phone.

Thanks again
    06-19-09 08:32 PM
    I'd put in a service request with Rogers on your nearest tower.
    06-19-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD