So I dropped my precious curve in a puddle of water then heroically saved it after about 2 secs. Case took most of the water but some got in there. A day and a bunch of random techniques to make sure it didnt get damaged later it successfully started up and worked perfect.

But now it seems that every so often the PHONE part of the curve refuses to work. It will be working fine then I will make a call and all I hear is a high pitch noise and nothing else. The other line cant hear anything either. I can correct this by doing a couple of battery pulls but some pulls work others dont.

So do you experts out there or anyone who has had this happen before know if I can resurrect it to perfect health? I may try to upload OS on it and might get one of those dust cleaners and hope that works.

Anything would help I am totally lost and nothing is worse than a phone that doesnt phone.

EDIT: Pretty sure the speakers work fine since they work for music both handset and speakerphone. Also I cant even try to put it on speakerphone when it encounters the problem Im talking about it doesnt even give me the option but when the phone works it shows up as an option.
    Last edited by MikeCullen21; 08-05-09 at 02:58 PM.
    08-05-09 02:53 PM
    Not one of the experts here, but I've gathered from much study here since getting my BlackBerry that the best thing you can do when the phone gets wet is make sure it dries out completely first, before even thinking of starting it up. Was that part of the random techniques you mentioned?
    08-05-09 04:34 PM
    do you have insurance?
    08-05-09 04:37 PM
    Not one of the experts here, but I've gathered from much study here since getting my BlackBerry that the best thing you can do when the phone gets wet is make sure it dries out completely first, before even thinking of starting it up. Was that part of the random techniques you mentioned?
    I let it dry for 2 days. Might try the rice bowl to make sure there is absolutely no moisture or anything.
    do you have insurance?
    Got it off craigslist so thats a no.

Nothings worse than your phone randomly not being able to perform its basic function.
    08-07-09 02:44 PM
    Options, about.. what v are you running on that.. 4.5.0.77? 3rd line down...
    08-07-09 02:47 PM
    If you didn't remove the battery immediately or you put the battery back in while it was still wet, it's probably shorted out something...
    08-07-09 02:53 PM
    Overnight in a bowl of rice, both the removed battery and the phone, open back, worked for me after mine went "swimming"...gotta do it a.s.a.p. tho
    08-07-09 03:09 PM
    I agree that the single most impotant thing to do following an encounter with liquid/moisture is to remove the battery.

If you didn't remove the battery from your BB while letting it dry, it doesn't matter whether you let it dry 2 days or 2 weeks, it might still be fried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:40 PM
    Maybe you need a new one, I have one if you would like in super condition, pm me if interested.
    08-07-09 03:45 PM
    Options, about.. what v are you running on that.. 4.5.0.77? 3rd line down...

The speaker is working for music and everything but just sometimes it disapears and I cant hear the other line and the other line cant hear me. Might reload the OS.
    08-07-09 04:32 PM
    Yeh I was gonna suggest updating it to a higher version, try 4.5.0.131, it seems to be the more stable for verizon users. Cant hurt.
    08-07-09 04:36 PM
    Agreed Rachel, I would give that a shot before giving up on the device...
    08-07-09 04:40 PM
    In the process of updating right now. Thanks so much I hope its a success.
    08-07-09 06:00 PM
    Ugh another problem. Just hoping for some quick help on the subject of upgrading OS.

I have wiped my device and have installed 4.5.0.131 to my comp. But keeps saying fatal error please try again later.

So any quick fix and is the desktop manager suppose to detect the pin of device when its wipped?

Edit: THis is a sprint OS that im putting on my verizon curve. And I did get it from blackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD