Hello,
    I hope my first post here isnt a repeat, as search is not working for me. I get no results. At any rate, I'm just checking to see if what I am noticing is commonplace.

My spacebar is really, for lack of a better word, loose. I can wobble it from side to side. When doing so, the row of keys above it (TGV and YHB) also "wiggle", along with most of the other keys, with the exception of the outter-most keys on both sides, which feel taught.

The keys work fine, they are just really loose and feel like they are worn. Which I know is not true, as the phone was purchased brand new. Is this just the build of the unit, or do you think I may have a defect? It was hard as **** to find a red one locally, so I'm thinking of just living with it as long as it's not something that's going to fail in the future. Not to mention all the info and time I spent setting up themes the way I like them. Thanks for your input.
    03-25-09 11:23 AM
    The keyboard wobbles. The keypad "sits" on top.
    I don't know how to explain it.
    But it does wobble.

Go into a store and see how other BB's feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 11:27 AM
    Cool. That's what I needed to know. Thanks for the info!
    03-25-09 11:28 AM
    My curve does not do that, but my wife's does. She has never complained to me about it, so I assume that it does not affect the operation of the BB, it's just a slight annoyance
    03-25-09 11:31 AM
    Right on. Thanks again.
    03-25-09 01:02 PM
    My curve does the same thing. It always bothered me, but I just assumed it was normal.
    03-25-09 01:59 PM
    The keyboard wobbles. The keypad "sits" on top.
    ^^honestly that is the best way to describe it lol

i have the same thing happening to my curve but didnt really give it a second thought
    03-25-09 03:17 PM
    ^^honestly that is the best way to describe it lol

i have the same thing happening to my curve but didnt really give it a second thought
    Lol. I just wanted to explain a bit to the OP. Not everyone opens up their phones. Haha.

I do too and when I played with the phone it was just "normal" to me I guess. Lol

Woot ! !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 03:20 PM
    I have taken apart many curves and the only thing to ever happen to a keyboard is the "nipples" get a bit smashed. This was from the user repeatedly pressing too hard because the button underneath (on the motherboard) wasn't working properly. The keyboard is a one piece unit and even if they separate, they will work because they will be held in by the faceplate. Not to worry
    Last edited by shfjcs; 03-25-09 at 03:32 PM.
    03-25-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD