Hello,

I am thinking about getting my wife a curve. The only question that I need answered is. Does any one know if it is possible to sync her personal outlook ie e-mail,calender,contacts to the curve over the air like my work one does? Any insight would be helpful. It is very addicting once you have all that stuff at your finger tips.

Thanks

Mike
    03-08-08 04:04 PM
    You would need to have BES server. So no.
    03-08-08 04:20 PM
    Sunkast is correct. With BIS you need to sync by manually connecting your BB with the computer via the USB cable. Once you do that it all syncs very nicely but it's not wireless as you were hoping.

You apparently have an Exchange Server at work and use BES. That syncs wirelessly.

If you really need your wife to have wireless sync, there are companies on line that host BES accounts using their Exchange Server for a small fee--$10/month or so.
    03-08-08 06:45 PM
    That is the one thing I like about the BES. The downside, I'm blocked on DL opera mini.
    03-08-08 07:00 PM
    Hello,

I am thinking about getting my wife a curve. The only question that I need answered is. Does any one know if it is possible to sync her personal outlook ie e-mail,calender,contacts to the curve over the air like my work one does? Any insight would be helpful. It is very addicting once you have all that stuff at your finger tips.

Thanks

Mike
    I have not tried it yet but here is a service/software that works for BIS:

BBerysync
    03-16-08 03:17 PM
    h**p://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/106646-ota-full-outlook-sync-needs-beta-testers-bis-users.html

(replace the *s with Ts; the forums won't let me post URLs yet)

Looks like they're still working out the bugs in beta right now. The site doesn't list a price. Great concept, though. I'm definitely going to watch this.
    03-16-08 03:33 PM
    this wireless sync sounds instresting. can anyone give me any details of how one would go about setting this up. i wouldn't mind building a site w/ this service and making it free to everyone.

so if you guys can get me the details of what i might need or point me in the right direction and their are any other developers out there willing to join in lets go.

send me a pm.
    03-16-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD