hey does anybody have any information on this Mobi Shark modem for the blackberry devices. Im trying to run my laptops internet connection off of my bberry and all i could find was tethered modem (which i heard wasnt very relaible) and i just found this mobi shark modem. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    06-16-08 08:07 AM
    Have you heard anything about mobishark? I have been searching for answers for two weeks trying to understand this bb modem concept. I bought a bluetooth USB, because I thought I could do that without a modem. but Now I get that I have to have a modem which my 8310 does not, which is STUPID. But I think its silly that ATT has you pay extra for tether when you get 5 GB, not unlimited...so I am going to get this mobishark, but my question is...how do I get it without having previous internet? I would think I can download it at my parent's and save it to a disk, then load it on my computer...
    any answers for this?
    11-10-08 01:15 PM
    Shark Modem is DREADFULLY Sloooowwww. Don't waste your $50. Invest in a wifi finder to locate free hotspots. I can get to one or two pages on a website using Shark Modem. You're better off using the phone's browser or paying for tethering with your carrier.

I used PdaNet with a previous Palm Treo and that was a good program with speeds faster than dial up.
    12-04-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD