I just received my new pink verizon blackberry curve yesterday and the problems that I am having that I can't seem to figure out of my does the wireless network indicators on my phone keep switching from 1XEV to 1X? I also don't have the option "Go To" when I access my browser. I would call Verizon but they're closed this late. Help anyone?
    10-09-08 11:44 PM
    Have you set up your personal email on the phone yet.if not then set up your personal email and you will have the goto option.
    Also try pressing G while in the browser and see if that will bring up the address bar
    10-09-08 11:49 PM
    I been made a personal email account earlier and I tried that but nothing worked
    10-09-08 11:56 PM
    You may have a provisioning issue. First you can try a soft reset. Press ALT + Right Shift + DEL. This should reset the device.

If issue still exist with it switching from 1XEV and 1X try the follow. Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register now.

If it still doesn't solve the issue, call your carrier.
    Last edited by sunkast; 10-10-08 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
    10-10-08 12:01 AM
    Try resending your service books as well
    10-10-08 12:03 AM
    How do I do that? I don't see a reset option when I hit menu.
    10-10-08 12:06 AM
    Login to your bis website. and it will give you the option to resend service books. Or you can go to the little icon on your phone with the envelope and nut on it (Personal email setup) it will bring you to the BIS login. Login and go to service books-resend
    10-10-08 12:09 AM
    ...Press ALT + Right Shift + DEL. This should rest the device....
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Sunkast's instructions are all done from the keyboard, just like on a full sized computer keyboard.

The trick is, all at the same time.

It takes three fingers. Left thumb on ALT, right thumb on Right Shift and Right index on DEL.

That will force your Curve to do a fresh start and sort everything back out.

10-10-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD