I got the dreaded APP 523 Reset error. I was at home, luckily and was able to wipe the phone by entering my password incorrectly on the computer. However, if I am on the road, how do I wipe the phone completely away from a computer if I am stuck in that APP 523 RESET?

I had treo, and to wipe it you reset it while holding the red button, but I can"t find any info on how to do it with a BB.
    02-09-08 02:56 PM
    Hmmmm.......

Does that mean there is no way to get out of an APP 523 reset if I am on the road and away from the computer? That's not good. Not good at all .....
    02-11-08 08:31 AM
    Try a battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on)...

Also, it might be wise to reload the OS, with the latest version...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 08:35 AM
    I did the battery pull when the APP 523 Reset error appeared, but it just went right back to the error. My point is, if i am on the road, and away from my computer, is reloading the OS the only way to restore the blackberry? There is no sequence of button presses to manually erase the device? With a Palm Treo, if you had a fatal reset or loop like that, you held the power button down while you replaced the battery. The device would wipe itself and restore itself to factory settings. At least you will have a useable phone while on the road. That's what I need to know how to do on a Balckberry.
    02-11-08 08:47 AM
    Did you try clicking where it said Reset?
    02-11-08 09:54 AM
    Did you try clicking where it said Reset?
    Yes, and it came right back to the APP 523 error. So there is no way to restore a blackberry manually if away from a computer?
    02-11-08 10:04 AM
    None that I can think of if you are stuck there.
    02-11-08 10:07 AM
    Yipes. Hope this never happens again while traveling. I did read that the error occurs when you receive a MMS and you have 3rd prty themes installed. So I blocked incoming MMS as this error occured right after someone sent me and mms. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    02-11-08 10:59 AM
    What version of the Handheld SW do you have on your BB?

To find it go to: Options > About

It should be 4.x.x.x
    Last edited by JDragon; 02-11-08 at 03:29 PM.
    02-11-08 03:03 PM
    What version of the Handheld SW do you have on your BB?

To find it go to: Options > About

It should be 4.x.x.x
    version 4.2.2.170
    02-11-08 10:46 PM
    ive never had that problem with my 8310 while using 3rd party themes. maybe there was something else going on with it?
    02-12-08 01:00 AM
    ive never had that problem with my 8310 while using 3rd party themes. maybe there was something else going on with it?
    After doing a wipe and removing my 3rd party themes it has not happened agin. That info by the way came from the Blackberry technical support site.

But i still wish there was some way to wipe the phone manually without the need for a computer or actual access to the OS.
    02-12-08 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD