what is wipe handheld used for? can i use it safely if i backup? would it remove my os? I want to use to see if that helps make my blackberry faster
    03-25-09 06:29 PM
    Wipe hand held removes all personal info off the device and takes it back to factory settings, but it will not remove the current installed OS.

) To begin deleting all the data on your RIM smartphone, click the Options icon on your BlackBerry home screen. 2) Next, select Security Options and then General Settings.
    3) When the General Settings screen appears, hit your BlackBerry Menu key--which can be found directly to the left of the trackball on 81xx, 83xx, 88xx and 9xxx series devices--and choose the Wipe Handheld option.

4) A dialogue box will then appear to warn you that you're about to initiate a full device wipe and ask you to confirm the action. You're also given the choice of including all third-party applications and related data in the deletion process. If you wish to keep third-party app information on your BlackBerry, you should leave the associated check box empty and hit Continue. If you want to delete any and all data on your BlackBerry smartphone, fill in the check box and then hit Continue

5) As soon as you confirm that you want to perform a BlackBerry wipe and delete all your handheld data, another dialogue box appears as a final safeguard asking you to type the word BlackBerry to start the process. Complete the request and you're on the way to wiping your BlackBerry. (Note: The data deletion process can take about an hour depending on the amount of data stored on your BlackBerry device, especially if you have content compression enabled. For more on BlackBerry content compression and how the function can help save valuable device memory, read "How to Free Up BlackBerry Memory.")
    03-25-09 06:31 PM
    would wipe handheld damage the phone?
    03-25-09 06:35 PM
    would wipe handheld damage the phone?
    No, it would just wipe out your info as John stated in his post.
    03-25-09 06:37 PM
    I have an 8330 that I am going to be posting on ebay to sell, is this what I want to do before I do that? When I switched my information to my Tour desktop manager ask me if I wanted to clear the 8330. What is the difference if any between the two options?
    07-29-09 12:13 PM
    I have an 8330 that I am going to be posting on ebay to sell, is this what I want to do before I do that? When I switched my information to my Tour desktop manager ask me if I wanted to clear the 8330. What is the difference if any between the two options?
    Yes, wipe handheld and dont forget to release the pin in your BIS from the email.
    07-29-09 12:30 PM
    Yes, wipe handheld and dont forget to release the pin in your BIS from the email.
    Thank you for your help
    07-29-09 12:44 PM
    is there a way to backup my sms messages, contacts and media data first and restore it after doing a wipe?
    12-28-09 08:57 AM
    Yes use bb desktop manager... look at the top of page bb help bb 101's for detailed instructions on your berry
    12-28-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD