1. Inspect It Right Home Inspections's Avatar
    My new baby, Sprint BB 8330, comes in a couple of days. I have a new computer with Vista 64 Bit. Is there anything I should know about that will help make my life easier since Vista seems to be a posture building experience?
    01-07-09 06:08 PM
    I run two versions of Vista 64 bit. My desktop runs Home Premium 64 bit and I run DM 4.6 with absolutely no problem. I also run a laptop with Vista Ultimate 64 bit, same config with DM 4.6 and it also runs flawlessly.

As I own a computer company, I find Vista 64 bit to be one of the best systems I have ever run. I also run Ubuntu, SUSE and Slax Linux distros and Leopard, and I can still say that Vista 64 bit is a very stable OS. In fact, the 64 bit is more stable than Linux at this point because all 64 bit OS'es have to have signed drivers to even install, and as we all know in the Windows world, drivers account for 90% of crashes and instability. Because all drivers run seperately from the OS kernel, it creates a super stable operating system.

Install DM 4.6 and enjoy. If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to PIN me or message me on here by any other means listed.
    01-07-09 06:57 PM
    I run two versions of Vista 64 bit. My desktop runs Home Premium 64 bit and I run DM 4.6 with absolutely no problem. I also run a laptop with Vista Ultimate 64 bit, same config with DM 4.6 and it also runs flawlessly.

As I own a computer company, I find Vista 64 bit to be one of the best systems I have ever run. I also run Ubuntu, SUSE and Slax Linux distros and Leopard, and I can still say that Vista 64 bit is a very stable OS. In fact, the 64 bit is more stable than Linux at this point because all 64 bit OS'es have to have signed drivers to even install, and as we all know in the Windows world, drivers account for 90% of crashes and instability. Because all drivers run seperately from the OS kernel, it creates a super stable operating system.

Install DM 4.6 and enjoy. If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to PIN me or message me on here by any other means listed.

Interesting, I find Vista just tries to do too much for me. This was my problem...Vista would install my BB as a mass storage device and not as a phone and i could never get DM to recognize it. How did you get around the automatic driver installing process as XP did it perfectly, but Vista installs the wrong driver...That was my only problem.
    01-07-09 07:28 PM

+1 from me, my primary home PC runs Vista x64 Ultimate, I've been running it for over a year now with no issues and great stability. I run DM 4.7 on it with no issues either.
    01-07-09 07:49 PM
    I too have Vista 64 and run DM 4.7 with no problems. The only thing that has given me problems is my video conversion software from Seabyrd. It is not meant to run on Vista 64. Not a big deal but a heads up if you want to use it to convert video files for use on your Blackberry. I ended up buying the same software that the guy from videos4blackberries uses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 08:06 PM
    Interesting, I find Vista just tries to do too much for me. This was my problem...Vista would install my BB as a mass storage device and not as a phone and i could never get DM to recognize it. How did you get around the automatic driver installing process as XP did it perfectly, but Vista installs the wrong driver...That was my only problem.
    First, try going into Options, then Media Card. Turn off Mass Storage.

Next, go to Device Manager in Vista and delete your BB device from the list. You can either right click and select delete or uninstall device. Reboot your computer, then reconnect your BB. It should install the driver automatically. The only driver Vista has any issues with concerning the Blackberry is the Bluetooth. Vista will not recognize the BB as a Bluetooth peripheral device at this time under 64 bit. It will still sync with Vista as mine does, but as far as a BT Peripheral, it won't.
    01-07-09 08:10 PM
    Install DM before you plug the BB into the PC. I also run Vista ultimate 64 with no problems
    01-07-09 08:12 PM
    I use Roxio Creator 2009 for my video needs and it works on 64 bit perfectly.
    01-07-09 08:14 PM
    I too have Vista 64 and run DM 4.7 with no problems. The only thing that has given me problems is my video conversion software from Seabyrd. It is not meant to run on Vista 64. Not a big deal but a heads up if you want to use it to convert video files for use on your Blackberry. I ended up buying the same software that the guy from videos4blackberries uses.

I noticed quite a few convertors were not designed with 64 bit in mind either. I use Xilisoft iPod Convertor, but just tried out Vio yesterday and it worked great.

ViO Video MobileConverter
    01-07-09 08:16 PM
    No problems with Vista 64-bit Home Premium and Blackberry. Use it on a desktop and laptop, neither with any issues.
    01-07-09 10:07 PM
    +1 here Vista Home Premium 64bit and no issues with any DM version from blackberry even going back to 4.3 with old 8703.

01-07-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD