01-29-09 08:59 PM
    Depends, what OS version are you on?
    01-29-09 09:33 PM
    If you are on OS 4.5 then yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 09:34 PM
    thx guy's I was afraid to purchase it without the crackberry aproval.
    01-29-09 11:09 PM
    If I do something to my phone or am wondering before I do it, I get that CB seal of approval aswell haha... Makes me feel tht much better in wut I wanna do

01-30-09 02:08 AM
    If I do something to my phone or am wondering before I do it, I get that CB seal of approval aswell haha... Makes me feel tht much better in wut I wanna do

I understand completely LOL. I have learned so much from this site! I bought a 16G card yesterday after reading that the OS 4.5 will support it, I read it in the How To's and hints so I knew it was okay. Gotta love this forum, it is the best on the net especially for new BB owners like me.
    01-30-09 08:32 AM
    One last thing though, I followed the link you supplied and it doesn't show that it is a "mini" SD card. If the Curve 8320 is anything like my 8310; it MUST be the mini card. When I was at the Media Center I saw 16G cards like that for that price, however it was too big and I ended up paying more for the mini SD card. So I would definitely double check that. Otherwise you may end up with a card that may be good for a camera or something but not your BB.

Just a friendly word of caution
    01-30-09 08:37 AM
    Minisd card won't work either, it has to be microsd. I'm surprised no one pointed it out to the poor guy when he asked you if that specific card would work. Way to go guys...

01-30-09 08:54 AM
    Is has to be a micro SD card... And only OS v.4.5.0.81 and beyond will recognise it, not just any 4.5...

01-30-09 11:48 AM
    Yeah mini SD doesn't fit, HAS to be Micro SD

01-30-09 12:27 PM
    And that card in the link is for an SD card. Too big.

There is a big difference between micro & mini, just as there is a difference between xD, CF, etc. You can ONLY use a microSD card.

As stated above (possibly too late?) Not all versions of OS4.5 will support that much capacity.

We should get it right before answering questions.

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 01-30-09 at 12:41 PM.
    01-30-09 12:36 PM
    Yeah mini SD doesn't fit, HAS to be Micro SD
    Oops! Sorry, I misspoke.........I didn't realize there was a mini card too. I just checked and the 16G card I bought at Media Center IS a micro card luckily.

I too noticed the size of the card in the link and was surprised at the price, that's why I attempted to steer him in the right direction anyway. Although I typed mini instead of micro, I hope he didn't go and buy that one.

I had seen a cheaper 16G at Media Center, however than I realized that it was a regular sized card and not the type for the Blackberry.

I hope he didn't buy it yet.
    01-30-09 01:34 PM
    Minisd card won't work either, it has to be microsd. I'm surprised no one pointed it out to the poor guy when he asked you if that specific card would work. Way to go guys...
    Oops, I didn't even look at the link. I was at work, so I didn't want to open up an eBay link or similar.
    01-30-09 02:12 PM
    dang.....and I already ordered it.....I was having a problem finding the 16g can anybody lead me in the right direction.
    01-31-09 11:54 AM
    Why don't you see if anyone has had actual success with the 16gb cards here. I read a few posts in some threads that after installing 16gb cards, the phone was only reporting 12gb free.

That was some time ago though, so maybe the issue has been solved with later OS releases.
    01-31-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD