I am going to argentina for 3 weeks. I was wondering if it will work out there? I get my service from verizon. Do I have to change my plan for the time being? I want to use my curve to take pictures, so I can email it back to my family also to keep in touch.

Any info would be great.

Thanks Noel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 04:54 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Noel.

Unfortunatly, your Curve is made for use on a CDMA network. That pretty well limits it to use in North America.

Most of the World uses GSM, a competing cell phone technology.
    09-12-08 04:59 PM
    Damn..so I can't take my phone! 3 weeks without my blackberry is going to be hard. Does anyone know if verizon have prepaid phones that will work in argentina?

09-12-08 05:12 PM
    I just looked at the VZW international roaming page and Argentina is not listed
    in their schedule at all
    09-12-08 05:14 PM
    Damn..so I can't take my phone! 3 weeks without my blackberry is going to be hard. Does anyone know if verizon have prepaid phones that will work in argentina?

You can visit a VZW retail store to see the details. VZW offers global phone rentals since they offer two major phones for global travel (BB 8830 and a Samsung model). They can give you details on the rates and costs for that. You can also call (800) 711-8300. That is VZW Global Services dept.
    09-12-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD