Hi guys,

I just bought my new blackberry curve 8320 with WIFI. I keep having three mayor problems with it which i cant seem to be able to resolve:

1. WIFI connection: my blackberry will search for my home network, recognize it, i input the password correctly but it tells me i dont have an IP address and wont connect. Ive tried everything to make it work but so far i havent been able to get it working.

2. My phone didnt come with Windows Live Messenger on it so i decided to download beejive because i think its a great app. I was able to download it without a problem but once it started running it told me it couldnt get a connection. I ran a diagnostic and this is what i got:

"Unable to find working connection, please check the installation FAQ or contact beejive technical support. BIS-HTTP: Failed (invalid URL Address) BIS-Socket: Failed (Invalid url address) BES-HTTP: N/A BES-Socket: N/A TCP-HTTP: Failed (invalid tunnel name) TCP-Socket: Failed (invalid tunnel name)."

3. I went to the blackberry website to download the facebook application and it told me that i have an incorrect browser. It wont let me download the application....

If anyone can help me with any of these problems it would be great!
    thanks a lot!
    10-04-08 10:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Isabel.

There are a couple of things that can interfere with your Wifi connection. The first step in diagnosing the connection problem is your router.

Does your router support 802.11g? Some of the newer models with 802.11n are not backwards compatable.

You mentioned the password. That means your router has been configured for some form of security. The best way to deal with security issues is to reset the router to it's original factory condition. There is often a Setup button that will do that.

The router will default to Open. Try the connection again, if it is successful, it is a simple matter to change the security settings back and reconnect.

We have a very complete Wifi guide, it will help you through getting the device setting in place.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

The IM question is a little tougher. Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS / BlackBerry Bolt on) plan? That is a requirement for virtually all third party software.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-04-08 at 12:31 PM.
    10-04-08 12:24 PM
    Thanks for your answer Reed. I got the WIFI working. I just inputted the IP address by hand and it worked!. Now, i tried going in beejive and facebook and i got the same problems as before. Actually, Beejive now tells me that the port is already being used, i go in again and it tells me that i have a bad DNS address... so i dont know what exactly is going on...
    10-05-08 02:39 PM
    isabel

From your browser hit menu key and select options > browser configuration. I suspecy your browser it set to Orange world. If so change it to internet browser as you need this for downloading from the blackberry website.

If you cannot change it it means that you have not yet had your Blackberry Internet Service activated.
    10-05-08 02:48 PM
    hi!

Thanks for your help! You were right, i was in orange world. I did as you told me and i was able to change it to WIFI browser which now tells me that it was unable to find the server. There are no other options as to the browser. I do have an unlimited email plan with orange which should be a blackberry connection right?
    10-05-08 05:01 PM
    England and America are two countries separated by a common language. --George Bernard
    This applies to our carriers as well.

Unlimited Email may not give you a Browser connection.

The fact that you do not have an Internet Browser is an indication your plan does not support it, or most third party applications that do require Internet access through BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS).

Email & Talk with BlackBerry® | Orange Business Services

Email with BlackBerry� and Talk with BlackBerry�

Our new Email with BlackBerry� and Talk with BlackBerry� plans include unlimited* email and browsing to help you run your business on the move.

*subject to 250MB fair use policy.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-05-08 at 05:21 PM.
    10-05-08 05:16 PM
    I called my carrier and they told me that i did have activated the Blackberrry Internet Service.... so i dont really know whats wrong now
    10-07-08 12:38 AM
    Re register HRT? Its under options>advanced option>host routing table hit your menu button and register. Worked for me when I couldn't get internet browser as an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 01:49 AM
    Ive tried what you told me and nothing....Still cant choose internet browser.....
    10-07-08 04:54 AM
    I'm having the same prblem on my 8320 curve.I've BIS activated mail etc working, internet via WIFI browser is also working but I still dont have a gprs browser (in my case: Orange Switzerland).
    Tried everything resetting the host routing, new service books etc. still no change I only have the wifi browser..
    Any help?
    10-29-08 09:33 AM
    Ive tried what you told me and nothing....Still cant choose internet browser.....
    What are your browser options? For TMO in the US, they are wifi/blackberry or hotspot/internet.
    10-29-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD