When I try to connect to my wi-fi network on my curve 8320, it asks me for a WEP password and when I enter it it says it needs 10 characters or something. can anyone help? Also, I am in London, does anyone know where I can unlock my phone on the same day for a low price? Thanks
    05-10-08 05:25 PM
    Good luck!!!
    05-10-08 05:27 PM
    Unlocking a phone is a matter of getting the unique code from your carrier. Once you have the code, it is simple to unlock the device.

If you can't do that, you can hire a service, but you may have to wait 7-10 days for the code.

Your Wifi problem is a lot simpler. WEP is for security. If you have access to the router, change the pass phrase to something with more the 10 characters. Use the same pass phrase when setting up the device.

Remember, case counts. Test / test are different to a computer.
    05-10-08 06:02 PM
    the carrier here in the uk says i have to wait 3 months for them to unlock the phone. 7-10 days i have to leave the phone with them? what do i do if i cant access the router? can i change wep to something else? what do you mean by test / test?
    05-10-08 06:12 PM
    any advice?
    05-10-08 08:17 PM
    You do not have to surrender your phone if you use a service. You just have to wait for an email.

The simplest way to set up Wifi is Open. If you can connect Open, adding security is simple.

The Test example may be your answer. Curve has smart capitals ... The first character will default to UPPERCASE. If your pass phrase is lower case, they will not match.

Simple work around, hold the first key for an extra second.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 08:46 PM
    Hi, I have just got an 8310 from t mobile and i want to access the internet via wireless networks, - t mobile tell me that i have to purchase their web and walk services but I am reluctant to do so, as i cannot for the life of me work out what i am paying them for - i have paid for the device and software on it already, and i am accessing the internet via someone elses network - so what i am payin them for????? Unless they bought the internet without telling the rest of us. Was this your question and did you get an answer - can it be done and how?
    Thanks, DT
    06-18-08 06:05 AM
    If you mean accessing the internet via wifi, the 8310 does not have that capability.
    06-18-08 06:53 AM
    I have the 8330 and I'm with verizon is there a way to unlock the wifi?

06-18-08 09:56 AM
    I have the 8330 and I'm with verizon is there a way to unlock the wifi?

Wifi is a feature on the '20 models. The 8330 is not Wifi enabled, there is no way to unlock it, the chips are not there.
    06-18-08 10:34 AM
    There is no WiFi on the 8310 and 8330 (only the 8320)

That cleared up... to get on the WiFi on an 8320, make sure your router is a 802.11G. (Wireless-N routers cause a fit!)

Check out the WiFi forums for a lot of detailed info on this matter

Anyways... I would configure your router to have no wireless security to begin with. Connect to the network (if possible)

From there, add security and connect with the Curve using the pass-phrase you set!! The Curve supports all of the encryption standards... so I recommend WPA2.

If none of that works, I would completely reset your router to factory defaults and start fresh. Changing the wireless frequency to something different from a neighbors will also help!

You can do a site survey and see what other routers are using for their channel.

Do this by going Manage Connections > WiFi Options > Menu Key > Wi-Fi Diagnostics > Menu Key > Site Survey

Post results and more details

Good luck
    06-18-08 10:46 AM
    Good luck!!!
    What was the point of posting that if you were not going to help... seems kind of rude and arrogant to me.

You have the same device he was having issues with, and you made a smart@$$ comment like that... great way to represent the CrackBerry community!
    06-18-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD