I recently installed 4.5.0.52 on my Curve. The only complaint I have about it is a message I now get while browsing the Internet. Sometimes, when I want to go to a site, I will get a message stating that "this is a Wi-Fi service" or words to that effect and then I can't connect to that site.

For example, while on EDGE today at the doctor's office, I attempted to use the Crackberry launcher icon. I got the message stating that this was a wi-fi service and I needed to ensure I had a Wi-Fi connection. Now, I know that the Crackberry forum is not just a wi-fi service.

Anyone else having these issues.
    08-01-08 03:22 PM
    I have had this problem since I upgraded to OS 4.5 on my 8320. The problem resides with yoru default browser setting in the browser options. You need to go into Browser - Options - Browser Configuration and make sure you are not set to HotSpot Browser that you are set to Internet Browser. You also need to check Browser - Options - General Properties and make sure you are set to Internet Browser there as well. I am not sure why this is, its only for shortcuts on my screen like CB launcher and ESPN that give the message. If I use my shortcuts in bookmarks it works fine set either way.

That should get you around it.
    08-01-08 03:28 PM
    Thanks. I'll give those changes a try. Yes, I was set to HotSpot Browser in the browser General Properties. In Browser config I was set to Internet Browser. So everything is now set for Internet Browser.

Thanks again.
    08-01-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD