The charger woorks from ALL outlets because i tested it with a krazer..
    I also have the USB cord that can be used to charged from the pc.

But all of a sudden, the blackberry just does not charge. from any charger or outlet..
    Whats going on? I cant even use my phone anymore.. I tried taking out the battery, putting it back in..etc.

its a curve 8310.. does anyone have a clue what happened?
    Thanks in advanse
    04-29-09 01:36 PM
    Seems your USB port on the BB is broken. It costs $80 to fix here:

"BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320"

If your BB is less than 12 mos old, take it in for a warranty exchange.
    04-29-09 01:40 PM
    I recently had this happen to me. Except my USB port became loose and stopped working. What I found that worked best for me was to buy a external battery charger. It was less then $15 dollars with shipping through Amazon. There was no way I was going to pay $80-100 dollars to have my port fixed via my insurance company. Unless you use your blackberry on your computer you dont really need the usb port. Hope this helps.
    04-29-09 01:59 PM
    Megan is correct, you also can use a charging dock like this to charge your battery in the Berry:

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330 Curve Devices (Silver): Cell Phones & Service

And as she mentioned, you won't be able to do Backups, Restores, or any OS upgrades with no data port. OTA OS upgrades may be offered in the futere, depending on your carrier.
    04-29-09 02:04 PM
    Is your phone still under warranty? If so you may be able to get a replacement.

This comes directly from T-Mobile's FAQ site.

My battery will not charge; what are some of the reasons why it won't hold a charge?

Battery is defective
    Some devices come with multiple batteries. Try charging an alternative battery in the device for four hours.

Device is defective
    The device itself may be defective. Contact Customer Care for further troubleshooting.
    04-29-09 02:24 PM
    Look directly into the usb port - do you see the 5 gold contacts? If not, maybe one (or more) of them got bent and just needs to be bent back. This usually happens when the charger is pushed into the port at the wrong angle.

If the port is loose, it needs to be repaired by a shop. Or just use a charging pod as suggested above.
    04-29-09 03:23 PM
    Dont you just hate it when that happens. **** USB port. UGH! This just happened to me my phone was under warranty so I got a free one. In fact it just came in today.
    04-29-09 03:34 PM
    Wow, ok so i looked at it and only see the middle 3 gold bars straight, and the 2 side ones are in the back peeking out. I dont know if you would call it bent, but yes looks like their pushed back.

I dont know how this happened over night..
    Do you know how much it would cost to have them streightened out at a tmobil store?
    its an AT&T phone but my service is tmobil.

Thanks so much!
    04-29-09 03:38 PM
    What is an external battery charger?
    i never heard of it..how does it work?
    04-29-09 03:40 PM
    im not a tmobile customer, but like mentioned below, this happened to me as well and i called verizon and got a new phone, it doesnt hurt to call customer service or if its close by stop in the store, verizon has been great with me i hope you have the same luck with tmobile, but i always call customer service on any of my phones if something isnt working right, that way your account can be noted as early as possible. hope you figure it out!
    04-29-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD