I went to check a message on my phone and it asked me to input "blackberry"

when I typed it in it said wrong password!!! After 3 trys it wiped my phone!!!

I password protect my phone but it wouldn't accept my pass and asked for"blackberry"...

Any idea why it changed my password?

And I do have a backup...
    Last edited by goodB0Y; 09-24-09 at 01:15 PM.
    09-24-09 12:45 PM
    That happens when there have been several bad password attempts. It order to be sure there is a real human doing the input, you are asked to spell a specific word.

Once you prove it is not accidental keypresses, you have a few more tries to get it right.

If you still do not get it right, the security breach is proven and your data gets wiped.

Does anybody else have access to your BlackBerry?
    09-24-09 03:35 PM
    thanxs for the reply:

nobody has access to my phone... and I typed "blackberry" 3 times!!! I can't understand why it wouldn't accept it.

My phone was in a holster at the time and I can't see how it could have been typing the wrong password... then not accept the password "blackberry" which it was asking for...the whole thing is really weird!
    09-24-09 08:20 PM
    Maybe it was asking you for a capital letter? That's why you might have gotten it wrong?
    09-24-09 08:26 PM
    Maybe it was asking you for a capital letter? That's why you might have gotten it wrong?
    That is the only thing that I can think of... I was kinda surprised at first and when I got to the "LAST ATTEMPT" maybe I wasn't paying attention enough and missed that... I'm not the smartest person in the world but I do know how to spell blackberry...lol
    09-24-09 08:34 PM
    Usually when it asks to type in "blackberry" it is trying to wipe the phone right then and there. Maybe you typed it in wrong the first 2 times but got it right the 3rd and it wiped?? Not saying that this is what just happened but it might be a possibility.
    09-24-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD