So i got my blackberry curve 8330 from us cellular in october of 2009. lol. not that long ago. I have my original holster and all. I was using some clip on case i bought at us cellular until recently. i use the holster now and thats all fine and great, EXCEPT for the second time this week, i've pulled it out and it has a purple-ish tint. it's never been exposed to water and it hasn't dropped very much, but not at all recently. I'm using my original OS. (i tried to upgrade to some "leak" but it made my berry freeze alot) but obviously i wiped it clean. i haven't download anything "new" on my phone. all the apps i have now were apps before my upgrade/downgrade. I've decided that if it happens again, im callin us cellular about, but what could be causing this? is it something i might have done? btw: the first time, it didn't correct itself until i placed it back in the holster. This last time, it corrected its self when the back light was off for like 2 minutes straight. but it just started happening this week.

any ideas?

Thanks for all the support and information in advance
    03-05-10 09:22 PM
    Wear and tear, could be fading from the sun.
    03-05-10 09:56 PM
    does it look like when you put a magnet close to a computer monitor? that kind of purple?

perhaps the magnet clip in your holster is wearing on the screen and it is just now starting to show.
    03-06-10 05:11 AM
    i wouldn't assume normal wear and tear because like i said, i got it in october and and like a month of that time, it was still in its box. um... nRRe, what your saying makes sense... i just started using the holster about a week and a half ago... i've never put a magnet next to a computer so im not sure what that purple looks like but its like a pink-ish purple... and it has like faint lookin lines when it happens. Is it something i should send it off for?
    03-06-10 12:51 PM
    Sounds like the dye from the inside of the holster is transferring to the device.
    03-06-10 01:02 PM
    This may sound dumb, but is rthe phone itself purple, or does the screen have a purple tint? Both are caused by seperate things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 06:03 PM
    This may sound dumb, but is rthe phone itself purple, or does the screen have a purple tint? Both are caused by seperate things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the screen has a purple tint
    03-06-10 07:32 PM
    It has a virus. It's sick!
    03-06-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD