Whenever I get a new txt message I only get the ringtone but the screen does not turn on. Is this normal? I would like to have the screen to turn on for a few seconds as soon as I get txt message but I can't find the settings for this. Is it possible?

Thanks
    06-22-08 11:17 PM
    Mine does the same thing, so I guess it is normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 11:21 PM
    Don't think its possible, at first it annoyed me but with mine being set to vibrate and ring and the led flash (only one that's set. service and blue tooth off) I got over it quick.
    06-22-08 11:22 PM
    Battery conservation. There is a Red flashing LED already there telling you that you have a message, Lighting the screen is only a waste of battery. If you already know that you have a message, then you'll turn on the screen when you're ready to read your messages.
    06-23-08 12:36 AM
    This bothered me at first, too.. but with my specific texting sound, three vibrates, and the LED, I got over it quick, too. The berry has so many options regarding how it notifies you about different kinds of messages, you just have to be open and receptive to the selections. My old Moto Q turned the screen on, so I was used to that, but it also drained the battery in under a day (and that's WITH the gigantic aftermarket extended battery)
    06-23-08 02:14 AM
    Yeah, it was issue for me to!! Got over it and now prefer it!!
    06-23-08 02:32 AM
    BBLight at this link solves your problems. I have it on mine and it works a treat. I cant post the full link due to being a noob here but just put www in front of below address.

blackberryfreaks.com/BBlight.html
    06-23-08 02:37 AM
    LED is the only notification you will receive, besides a tone. I prefer to have it this way, actually. It just takes some getting used to.
    06-23-08 02:49 AM
    there is a program called SMS Display On that does the job:
    SMS Display ON - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    06-23-08 04:40 AM
    there is a program called SMS Display On that does the job:
    SMS Display ON - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Nice find; haven't seen this one before.
    06-23-08 04:42 AM
    It's a nice program but to pay $5 to save 1 single keypress that you have to do anyway to read the SMS seems, to me, rather strange.

It's the way the Blackberry works and I never questioned it. I uess that I am (only just) smarter than it is....
    06-23-08 06:50 AM
    It's a nice program but to pay $5 to save 1 single keypress that you have to do anyway to read the SMS seems, to me, rather strange.

It's the way the Blackberry works and I never questioned it. I uess that I am (only just) smarter than it is....
    I agree completely. Why would you want to waste battery life if you don't need to?
    06-23-08 06:54 AM
    The way my Berry works now is perfectly fine!! You are notified however you want depending on your selected profile... and then there is the LED indicator.

If you want the screen to auto-turn on / open the message, then keep your Berry in a holster and take it out within 15 seconds of getting the message.

This will turn on the screen and auto-open your txt
    06-23-08 07:22 AM
    I agree completely. Why would you want to waste battery life if you don't need to?
    Hey man, which bit did you agree with? Me being only just smarter than my phone . It's not true I tell ya. The phone is cleverer than the Pete6
    06-23-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD