Of course i want it to connect, im using the program! is there a way to not get prompted every time i use it.
    05-28-08 06:06 PM
    Its because its not a signed app. They didn't pay RIM. Just tell it okay and enjoy opera mini

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 06:11 PM
    I believe you can go to advanced options -> applications and edit the permissions for opera. Change it from "prompt" to allow.

05-28-08 09:13 PM
    I believe you can go to advanced options -> applications and edit the permissions for opera. Change it from "prompt" to allow.
    That does the trick
    05-28-08 09:15 PM
    did not do it for me
    05-28-08 10:02 PM
    Wow. Cool stuff. Always hated that. I deleted Opera Mini because it cannot be set to act as the default browser and I really didn't see much of a value proposition in it. But I wish I had known to do this when I had it because I always hated that prompt.

Is there anything we're missing about Opera? It's nice but I just wasn't finding I was using it.
    05-28-08 10:06 PM
    not to burst bubble...but im pretty sure...doing that does not change the way it still ASKS you to connect...all of my application options are set to enable (not prompt)...had thread about this earlier...hope im wrong
    05-28-08 10:09 PM
    Yeah, its a no go for me also.
    Tried that once before and it didn't work. Just tried it again for the **** of it and it still asks.

You get used to it tho.

05-28-08 10:58 PM
    I just tried this (the prompt annoys me too) and it did not work for me

I went to Options>Advanced>Applications and chose Opera Mini. I set Connections, Interactions, and User Data to Allow and then saved.

When I load Opera Mini it still says "The application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?"
    05-28-08 11:01 PM
    Yea, mine have been on allow but get the prompts, maybe one day we can see the app signed. Either way its a great app and lets you download big files unlike the BB browser.

Wow. Cool stuff. Always hated that. I deleted Opera Mini because it cannot be set to act as the default browser and I really didn't see much of a value proposition in it. But I wish I had known to do this when I had it because I always hated that prompt.

Is there anything we're missing about Opera? It's nice but I just wasn't finding I was using it.
    If you install opera browser on PC you can sync it with opera mini on BB

Be sure to setup an online account with opera and you can sync your bookmarks online with them and it looks like they offer blog, photo album, etc
    05-29-08 02:49 AM
    another all singing all dancing google type service? wonder howlong it will be before google browser hits our phones/pc's
    05-29-08 07:23 AM
    thats annoying, thanks for trying tho
    05-30-08 07:21 AM
    "Why does opera mini always ask to connect?"

Because Opera Mini is an unsigned app. RIM is paid no money for this app, so they make your life miserable with annoying prompts. You can change settings on your BB until the cows come home, and it will not solve this problem. Just answer, "Yes" to the prompt, and get on with using Opera!
    02-12-09 12:59 PM
    Ok so I have opera mini 4.2 and it doesn't prompt me. I turned on my firewall and it asked the first time I accessed it and it hasn't again in over a week. Now before the firewall it would. Ask everytime I opened opera mini. Just my experience and it works for me!

02-12-09 02:21 PM
    Scoot is correct. Enable your firewall then reopen Opera mini. It will ask you for permissions, check both boxes and you're good to go.

Downside, if you use viigo, you'll have to allow a lot of permissions as you move through the feeds

02-12-09 03:03 PM
    I don't have viigo so not an issue for me! Glad I could be of assistance!

02-12-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD