why does my curve randomly shut off?
    07-21-09 12:43 PM
    This could be a lot of different issues, ranging from hardware issues to software issues.

You could try reinstalling your firmware, or updating to the latest firmware.

I had this happene once, and demanded a warranty replacement.
    07-21-09 12:48 PM
    this happens to me alot too when i am using an application or something
    07-21-09 01:13 PM
    More information is definitely needed here. When does it shut off, what are you doing at the time, what app are you using?

If you have a media card, try taking it out and see if the shutdowns stop.
    07-21-09 01:18 PM
    it usually shuts off when i am using berryscanner and my phone is just sitting next to me. and i will try taking out my media card, thanks
    07-21-09 01:42 PM
    it usually shuts off when i am using berryscanner and my phone is just sitting next to me. and i will try taking out my media card, thanks
    Yea! I have that same issue with BerryScanner... i think the device is getting overloaded, because berryscanner requires connection to the internet throughout the whole period its on.

I think its a bug with BerryScanner.
    07-21-09 01:44 PM
    i took the card out lets see what happens.I do have alot of music on it,i was thinking it was that or an app.
    07-22-09 07:53 AM
    It started to happen again,what should i do call for tech support?
    08-10-09 07:54 AM
    The problem isn't with berryscanner because I never have this problem with the app. My phone shuts off when I'm using qik (m.qik.com great app) and I've recorded over a minute of live stream. It has also happened while watching youtube vids

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:27 AM
    mine does it at all diffrent times,face book app alot,twitter...What should I do?
    08-10-09 08:46 AM
    Mine seemed to shut off at random times when I had a theme installed and used. But since I uninstalled it I've had no problems since

08-10-09 01:49 PM
    having the same problem here. re-imaged my device already, and even with no apps on the phone, it was happening.

i called verizon for a replacement. i'd suggest doing the same.
    08-10-09 02:38 PM
    im on my 8th curve its such a hassle
    08-11-09 07:40 AM
    I had the same problem with my previous curve. The best idea is to replace the new one 'cause i don't think that issue raised by software its your device.
    BR

08-11-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD