...okay, I don't get it...

I have read many posts about the Curve's battery life being phenominal...mine lasts 5 hours before it is down to 50% w/o any use.

I thought it would be related to the low signal (Native Sprint) that I have at work...it will hold on to it, but likes to jump to roaming.

Today, before I got to work, I set it to "Home Only" and turned off data...and what happens? It drops 20% in an hour...with only sending one text message...what gives????

It seems that the little arrows are constantly moving on the phone, despite the data being "turned" off...The phone is forever moving back and forth from 1x to 1xEV...
    10-24-08 12:14 PM
    maybe you have a defective battery...
    10-24-08 12:25 PM
    Try setting your backlight to 10 percent, and set your backlight timeout to 10 secs. Also try using a vibrate profile instead of an audible one, and turning off the trackball and keypad tones.

That's what I do and my battery life is pretty great.
    10-24-08 12:40 PM
    aalqadaffi, I have already done what you have suggested, and I still get poor life.

I think it is due to the low signal area I am in...
    10-24-08 12:43 PM
    Tell your battery to get a social life.. and then it wont suck so bad....
    10-24-08 12:48 PM
    Yeah it could be your coverage. When I work out of one of my stores that has poor coverage my battery is at about 50% within 5 hours. Is this only when you're at work or where you live also?
    10-24-08 12:58 PM
    Only where I work...

As soon as I get a half mile away, I get full service and my battery does good...oh well, looks like I'm gonna either buy a charging cradle for at work or just a spare off of eBay...
    10-24-08 01:50 PM
    Oh yeah, what's the difference between "Digital Roaming" with no triangle on screen and "Roaming Partner"
    10-24-08 01:55 PM
    Make sure your disable the wifi and bluetooth options if you are not using them This will save battery life. Make sure you have the latest OS on your device.
    10-24-08 01:58 PM
    It's Sprint so I have no Wi-Fi...

Also have no Bluetooth and do have the 4.3 OS (that's the most current)
    10-24-08 02:00 PM
    Battery is the culprit, replace it and you should see the difference.
    10-24-08 02:08 PM
    Hey guys I have battery issues as well. Just wondering how long does the battery last. Mine last for about 18 hours. Only thing I use is messenger and surfing. Sometimes when I watch youtube it'll only be 10-1d before a recharge.

Also if you think its your battery ubid.com has batteries for $11.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 02:15 PM
    I am going to check it out this weekend...

I live in a strong native signal area...if it lasts all weekend, we'll know then what the issue is I guess...

If not, Sprint be getting a call...
    10-24-08 02:15 PM
    I may be off base in this.. but I use a program called auto standby... does this not put your bb to sleep and therefore doesn't keep searching for better signal and all that stuff.... i use my bb quite a bit for text and phoe calls and I can get about 2 days out of it before I absolutely need to charge again. well worth the 7 bucks I spent on it
    10-24-08 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD