I have. 8330 on verizons network and when I come here on the wapforum it is a nice readable yet smaller font. But when I go to my favorite car forum. www.forums.clubrsx.com. The font is huge, is it my phone??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 02:36 PM
    If you go into the browser options while using the browser MENU + OPTIONS + GENERAL PROPERTIES, you will see MIN FONT SIZE and MAX FONT SIZE

If those two settings have different sizes, that is why the font changes with each web site you go to. Many pages change they default fonts to make their pages look the way they want them to. Also you may be seeing wap pages and normal pages, the phone's browser renders them the best it can, often the result is format problems, and much larger fonts (the max font size). Change those settings to increase or reduce the default sizes you will see. Should help some page formatting on non wap pages.

10-23-08 06:49 PM
    Hmm, the site I'm going to is a mobile page.

My font options is minimum font size and default font size, no maximum option.

Both of my settings are at 6

10-23-08 07:52 PM
    Meant default and min. Was think Max Min for a windows swap file when I typed that reply.

10-23-08 09:04 PM
    I wonder if it has something to do with the BB browser interpreting the font style on the webpage too? Like, maybe it doesn't recognize "comic sans" so it replaces it with the closest it can find, and in the interim, the size changes as well.
    10-24-08 02:25 AM
    That's a good solution.

The website owner just turned off the mobile site for now, because so many people complained, I wish it work just work exactly like CB

10-24-08 08:13 AM
    I wonder if it has something to do with the BB browser interpreting the font style on the webpage too? Like, maybe it doesn't recognize "comic sans" so it replaces it with the closest it can find, and in the interim, the size changes as well.

You know that makes sense,didn't think about how the browser displays style sheets/font.
    10-24-08 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD