I've never had this problem until recently. I'll go to YouTube's mobile site, perform search, etc. And when I go to click on the video, nothing happens. The browser doesn't open the media player at all. I've tried with my native browser and evn with Opera Mini, which ultimately requires the native browser anyway. I don't remember changing any particular settings on my browser so I couldn't imagine why I would have this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Just to reiterate, I don't even so much as an error message. Nothing happens at all when I try to play the video. It just stays on the same page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 04:01 AM
    Several threads already on this, you have Opera Mini 5 installed, correct?

Uninstall OM5 and YouTube will work again.
    01-25-10 04:27 AM
    My apologies. I haven't been on CB in a while. You are correct. I have both OM4 and OM5 bcuz 5 is pretty fucntional tho slow. Since installing OM5 a few weeks back, I can't remember ever being able to watch a YouTube vid. This must be the fix. Thanks xlide.

01-25-10 04:33 AM
    No problem.
    01-25-10 04:37 AM
    To confirm, that was definitely my problem. I uninstalled and it was still "installed" on my phone so to speak. I did a hard reset and wah-lah! YouTube back in action. Any idea why that is OM5 causes this problem though? Seems extremely wierd.

01-25-10 04:48 AM
    I dunno, I never used OM myself, always preferred the BB browser and Bolt.

FYI, you should always say yes to reset the BB after uninstalling or deleting an app. If it doesn't ask, reboot anyway.
    01-25-10 04:51 AM
    Yea it never asked. So I figured all was well as far as the uninstall went. I'm gonna check out Bolt. I tried it before and didn't like it too much. Don't remember why though. So why not give it another shot? Nonetheless, I appreciate your help and thanks again.

01-25-10 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD