Hey,

I have tried to watch youtube on my 8330 Curve through TELUS in canada!?? Is there some kind of issue with this carrier??? Is this a telus thing!? I was told by "blackberry tech support" @ telus that these phones cant watch youtube but it sounds like that is bull****??? Anyone??

Aric Allred
    08-12-08 05:06 PM
    IT says error playing wont even load
    08-12-08 05:09 PM
    "the media being played is of an unsupported format"???
    08-12-08 05:10 PM
    Try m.youtube.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 05:12 PM
    Also what os are you running?

08-12-08 05:12 PM
    i did no work
    08-12-08 05:14 PM
    How many "YOUTUBE" questions are we going to get everyday. Do a search on youtube or "why can't i watch youtube from my phone" you will get many many answers.
    08-12-08 05:16 PM
    How many "YOUTUBE" questions are we going to get everyday. Do a search on youtube or "why can't i watch youtube from my phone" you will get many many answers.
    ... and half of them will brush you off with "Keep on searching".

It is a simple question, it deserves a simple answer.

Your 8330 device was delivered with v4.3 software. The beta test v4.5 software is needed to view YouTube.

Simple enough?
    08-12-08 06:10 PM

Your 8330 device was delivered with v4.3 software. The beta test v4.5 software is needed to view YouTube.

Simple enough?
    That's why I like you Stoner...
    08-12-08 06:12 PM

Simple enough?
    Yes simple enough. But then the next question always is "how do i get OS 4.5? link?"
    08-12-08 06:19 PM
    I was able to watch youtube with the 4.3 os but then again I have a pearl not the curve.

08-12-08 06:28 PM
    i have called Telus many time for the GPS and the Youtube issue with Telus, in Canada. Yes youtube is a known issue by telus, they say they know of the issue, and are working closly with RIMS to fix this problem, i reminded him that this has been an issue for over 6 months, then i continued to ask him, if Telus has blocked Streaming Videos such as Youtube to save money on bandwidth... i tried to re-ask my questions in many different ways, and i could never get a straight answer, which leads me to the answer "yes, probably" just not willing to admit it. No telus Blackberry will run youtube videos, it is posible on other Service providers.
    08-12-08 09:59 PM
    Yes simple enough. But then the next question always is "how do i get OS 4.5? link?"
    LOL, good thing we are nearly through beta testing, actual release versions are now available.

V4.5 for all.

Can you imagine the chaos that will ensue when T-Mobile and AT&T get the nod?

08-12-08 10:08 PM
    I hate telus
    08-13-08 11:26 AM
    Called telus couple days ago. there will be an update within the nex couple of days.... or so they say!!!
    10-30-08 09:47 AM
    you can watch youtube on os 4.3 i used to.
    10-30-08 09:58 AM
    ver 4.5.0.97 is out for the 8330, seems to have fixed telus nav issue, don't know what else it has done so I think telus will be releasing very soon.
    BTW, the youtube.....it was telus blocking it on the berries......not because it wouldn't work unless you had 4.5
    Maybe telus is going to put a youtube "laucher" in their version?
    10-30-08 11:03 AM
    I've got the 8330 curve with the new os and I can't run youtube... Hopefully Telus allows us to watch youtube at somepoint but if not, I sure wouldn't go back to Rogers just for some videos... Bell maybe... I've been with Telus for over a year, and I won't be leaving any time soon. I'm able to open other videos with the new os though. Tmz.com

11-02-08 09:42 PM
    Youtube was working for me today crappy picture, small too. But its youtube, and its working

11-04-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD