I got my blackberry 8330 and I put some music ringtones on here and set different ones to a specific contact. Well I did a software update to the phone though the blackberry website and now I can't set ringtones to a contact. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or do it a different way?
    03-14-09 08:19 PM
    I had to go to each contact I wanted a ringtone for, scroll to the bottom and select the ringtone option. If that doesn't work for you then I'm not sure what you'll have to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 08:51 PM
    Go to the name in the address book, (do not click on it though, just so its highlighted) menu key, scroll a lil ways down, "add custom ring tone" then save.
    03-14-09 09:01 PM
    Yeah like rachel said, when editing a contacts info press the menu key, scroll to add custom ring tone, then scroll to the bottom of the contacts info and you will find a place to set it.

03-14-09 10:28 PM
    Yes, like they said. Contacts (don't open, just highlight) menu -> edit -> add custom ringtone.

At the bottom, select the options available.

I have for some reason had some of my ringtones wind up in my music folder rather than ringtones. Just incase you cannot find a ringtone, it might be there.

msblueline

03-14-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD