I use Outlook 2007 on my work PC, and while the application will catch 90% of the Junk Mail...my Blackberry doesn't. I woke up to 13 messages on my phone this morning, while Outlook only let 1 slip by.

Can someone please tell me how I could use the same filter Outlook uses to pass on to my Blackberry?

Thanks in Advance
    02-09-09 08:27 AM
    Need more info. Is mail being forwarded to your BB by an Outlook rule? How does it get there?

Because I have a firewall appliance including a spam filter that catches spam before it hits my mail server, I don't use the Outlook junk mail filter, so I turned it on and ran a test.

Apparently, the junk mail filter works like this:

E-mail hits your inbox, then gets sent to your BB, then the filter either keeps it in your Inbox, or moves it to Junk Mail.

The ideal fix would be for your employer (or ISP) to use a better method of filtering spam BEFORE it hits your inbox on the mail server. If Outlook is catching that many, a decent spam filter should be comparable.

If you're using an Outlook rule, someone else who is better at manipulating Outlook's rules and junk mail filter could weigh in here about whether it's possible to forward e-mail to your BB AFTER it's been run through the filter, instead of BEFORE.
    Last edited by jwither; 02-09-09 at 11:57 AM.
    02-09-09 11:21 AM
    I have not created a rule in Outlook - so I'm fairly certain I am not doing that. I set up my email accounts via the Blackberry Internet Service.
    02-09-09 12:16 PM
    I have not created a rule in Outlook - so I'm fairly certain I am not doing that. I set up my email accounts via the Blackberry Internet Service.
    Got it. My personal preference is to push e-mail from my mail server to my BB instead of having my user name/password floating around on someone else's server.

Sounds like the answer is still better filtering by your employer.

Might look at something like Antair BlackBerry Spam Filter.
    02-09-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD