Why is the 83XX series the best selling BlackBerry and the most popluar? Everywhere u look u see someone with a 83XX series...celebs,athletes etc...
    I love my 8330 on Sprint...I gotta admit. LOL
    06-21-09 09:15 PM
    It does everything well and it's easy to use.
    06-21-09 09:19 PM
    Form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 09:22 PM
    It has been a pretty stable device with minimal OS issues. Easy to use, the list just goes on and on...
    06-21-09 09:22 PM
    I agree with everyone!
    06-21-09 09:26 PM
    Along with the things already listed I think that some of its appeal is that its really what a BlackBerry has always been. If you look back at the older models before color screens and track balls, I think that the curve models really seem to match that standard in an upgraded fashion. Not that the pearl or storm are bad phones, but they are a much further jump then the curves
    06-21-09 09:54 PM
    Personally I think it's the roomy keyboard and the size. I was looking at the 8830 when I switched to the BB, the keys on the 8830 were too close together for me.

Hopefully the Tour has a nicely laid out keyboard, otherwise I might stay with the Curve.
    06-21-09 10:25 PM
    good form factor, build quality, OS stability, screen, etc. etc. etc.
    06-21-09 11:01 PM
    Cheaper more BANG 4 $

06-21-09 11:19 PM
    Bottom line? It does everything well.

It's not as sexy as the Storm, or as fast as the Bold. But it's just sexy enough, just fast enough.

Basically, it's not Eva Longoria or Brad Pitt. It's that everyman/woman that can look damn good dressed up, but looks super sexy wearing jeans and a plaid shirt while painting the living room.

Oh, and she/he drinks beer straight from the bottle.

Now that's hot.
    06-22-09 12:24 AM
    So many people can't be wrong. We all know that user friendliness and sexiness is a fine balance. We know we are smart but we don't want to preach..lol..slowly we will take over the world with our quiet revolution.

06-22-09 01:49 AM
    it's a small, well built device that's generally smaller than the other 3lb blackberries, but not as cheaply built as the pearl.
    06-22-09 02:23 AM
    I think its the best selling simply because its on the most carriers..
    06-22-09 02:52 AM
    Out of all the BB's I researched prior to buying, the Curve had the least amount of ppl complaining. I was looking at the Storm too, but after seeing the horrible issues with freezes I went with the Curve. I have not had any issues at all with this phone.

06-22-09 03:47 AM
    The 8300 was my first Blackberry because it did what I wanted it to do, because I knew someone who had one for about two months and had experienced no problems with it and because it was convenient sized.

I've since upgraded to the Bold for the 3G but looking aroud now I see far more people with the 8900 than I've ever seen with any form of Blackberry before. It seems the 8900 is taking over the world!!
    06-22-09 07:13 AM
    Well I made the transition last november from a LG rumor to my blackberry curve and I WILL NEVER HAVE ANY OTHER PHONE I like it because its fashionable
    You can get accessories for it
    My phone bill is only 85.72$
    And its my life.
    Who said u had to be a busniess person **** I'm 16 and I have my blackberry this is the best phone I have ever had

06-22-09 07:29 AM
    Bottom line? It does everything well.

It's not as sexy as the Storm, or as fast as the Bold. But it's just sexy enough, just fast enough.

Basically, it's not Eva Longoria or Brad Pitt. It's that everyman/woman that can look damn good dressed up, but looks super sexy wearing jeans and a plaid shirt while painting the living room.

Oh, and she/he drinks beer straight from the bottle.

Now that's hot.
    Since I'm shallow and decided to give my okay looking Curve plastic surgery (black housing, ring, trackball, side buttons), I get as much stares as well.
    06-22-09 07:34 AM
    Why? Form factor, keyboard is better than the 88XX series (to me), great screen, power (not super powerful CPU, but does everything fine). I just got one and I will look at newer ones later on, even seen the bold, but in the end they can do all the same things, just at diffferent speeds. I mean no diss to the bold, storm etc, but in the end the Blackberry OS is good enough that things run on the curves the same, just a bit slower on loads. *shrugs* Don't mess with what works!
    06-22-09 07:41 AM
    Not sure if the 8900 is taking over the world, but it certainly seems that way sometimes. I won't lie, as much as I love my bold, I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for my 8300, even if it is only spare parts now. The curve series as a whole just might be the most universal device to date, I'm just curious to see what, and for that matter when, there is something that ends up battling for that title.
    06-22-09 07:53 AM
    First of all...my pink Curve is very pretty. LOL Seriously, as everyone has stated, it does what I need it to do. It has a great keyboard, great apps and no real issues to speak of. It is also a great size as compared to other BB's and very light. It's a perfect combination for business and pleasure. I love it.
    06-22-09 07:53 AM
    83XX series works. Plenty of accessories available for doggone nice prices. Decent mix of screen size and keyboard. And it's saved me the cost of a computer.

06-22-09 07:57 AM
    Full Keyboard.... and it has been out for a while.

It is a good device as well...
    06-22-09 08:04 AM
    Rock Solid device. Stable and never had any issue's with them. But I do love the Bolds now.
    06-22-09 08:13 AM
    Hi!
    I'm new to crackberry and this is my first Blackberry (8300). I absolutely LOVE it! I treat it like a baby. Hey, what do u want with a gadget freak like me.
    06-22-09 08:57 AM
    Ahhhh. If you love the Curve and rave about the 8900, just wait for the "Driftwood". That will be a BB to drool over (if you do that sort of thing)
    :-)
    06-22-09 09:40 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD