I blacked out my 8330 and got a black ball from cnn.cn, the ball blows and I want a new one. Who has one that they love and where did you get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:59 PM
    I got mine from cnn.com and I love it. maybe you recieved a bad one?
    07-09-09 02:04 PM
    I blacked out my 8330 and got a black ball from cnn.cn, the ball blows and I want a new one. Who has one that they love and where did you get it?

There was a batch of bad trackballs. I eamiled them and they told me they were sending me a new one but that was 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.
    07-09-09 02:16 PM
    There was a batch of bad trackballs. I eamiled them and they told me they were sending me a new one but that was 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and I am still waiting.
    Did you have to mail the other one back to them first?

I may have to give that a shot, I was just going to buy a different one that didn't have to come from HK

07-09-09 02:19 PM
    Get the 8900 trackball.... I read up on them because I also blacked out my bold and the g1 trackball is giving many ppl problems.... I bought 1 and its not bad but its harder to scroll with.... So I bought the 8900 atomic trackball and I'm just waiting for it now.... Can't be worse than this one.... And I emailed them as well and its been just as much time for my replacement to get to me.... IMO they shouldn't let ppl install g1 trackball in BB they may fit and work but they don't work as well as the oem BB trackball so I'm guessing the 8900 ball should be pretty good

07-09-09 02:24 PM
    Get the 8900 trackball.... I read up on them because I also blacked out my bold and the g1 trackball is giving many ppl problems.... I bought 1 and its not bad but its harder to scroll with.... So I bought the 8900 atomic trackball and I'm just waiting for it now.... Can't be worse than this one.... And I emailed them as well and its been just as much time for my replacement to get to me.... IMO they shouldn't let ppl install g1 trackball in BB they may fit and work but they don't work as well as the oem BB trackball so I'm guessing the 8900 ball should be pretty good

So I just received it and when I installed it.... To my dismay it didn't work.... It wouldn't scroll up or down and I checked it twice to see if I put the contact facing the right direction and I did.... So I installed my g1 trackball back on and it works just fine again..... I emailed the seller hopefully I get a good replacement.... I have bad luck buying online

07-09-09 03:48 PM
    I have a black G1 trackball from cnn.cn in my Blackberry. It works great. I ordered the G1 trackball, as well as a colored Blackberry trackball from them, and the G1 tb works in my phone much better than the BB one they sent me.

Also, another place to get good OEM trackballs is ... I ordered one from them when I first got my Curve.(It's an OEM trackball, but it doesn't feel like one.)

There is a new place I was referred to recently that I will be ordering from soon as well. They have colored trackballs, black trackballs, colored rings, etc. Fonlogix - Blackberry Parts
    07-09-09 04:13 PM
    There is a new place I was referred to recently that I will be ordering from soon as well. They have colored trackballs, black trackballs, colored rings, etc. Fonlogix - Blackberry Parts
    Has anyone ordered from this site? Do you know where the items are shipped from? China or USA or ??? I know their site says they are in WA, but do they ship from there? Thanks.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 07-09-09 at 06:18 PM.
    07-09-09 06:13 PM
    The difference is in the rollers.. that's why I took it apart, and put the black track ball with the regular OEM rollers. Works great now.
    07-09-09 06:17 PM
    I just bought one from dealsishop.com and it works fine, they are U.S. based which is awesome and I received it four days after ordering it.

I tried ordering from cnn and they just pissed me off and I canceled my order a day before ordering from deals and they just put the money back into my account, I won't ever be dealing with cnn again.
    07-09-09 06:31 PM
    Just got a black and a blue trackball today from cnn.cn. The blue one is fine scrolling up,left,right, but has trouble going down so I just adjusted the vertical sensitivity to 80 and it works better but not as nice as the OEM. May just take out the ball replace it. I haven't tried the black one yet. I'll edit this when I do.
    07-09-09 07:12 PM
    The difference is in the rollers.. that's why I took it apart, and put the black track ball with the regular OEM rollers. Works great now.
    Thanks for this I did it as well and your right it feels just like the oem trackball felt

07-09-09 08:11 PM
    Has anyone ordered from this site? Do you know where the items are shipped from? China or USA or ??? I know their site says they are in WA, but do they ship from there? Thanks.
    I haven't ordered from there yet. I will be in a few weeks though. You could probably email them to ask where they ship from.

07-09-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD