Went to a T-Mobile store today to check out the new BB Curve 8320 in Sunset Orange. What the guy showed me looked so much like a red 8320. I looked at it long and hard but couldn't find ANY orange in there. I remember seeing pics of it on here and the pics showed a burnt orange 8320. Now, I realize that pics on a screen can look different that in person, but damn...that phone @ the TMobile store looks red, not orange. Even my daughter thought the color was red, not orange. Did anyone see one in person today? Is it just me? By the way, it still looks much better than the titanium and the gold color.
    08-04-08 10:24 PM
    Unsupported Browser

I have not seen it in person, but I have seen comparison pics with the ATT Crimson... and it is definitely Orange when side by side with the Crimson!
    08-04-08 10:26 PM
    I'm telling you. It looks like nobody's burnt orange. Unless their lighting was awful. The pics I've seen left NO doubt that it was a burnt orange.
    08-04-08 10:30 PM
    Maybe a manufacturing defect???
    08-04-08 10:34 PM
    Yeah i agree with bmcclure937 ive seen a picture or two where it shows the red and orange next to eachother and it clearly looks orange

I tryed finding the picture to no success maybe someone else can give it a try =/

have you thought that maybe the guy was trying to rip you off =0
    08-04-08 10:34 PM

I can see what you mean though. Try googling blackberry sunset and if you look at the pictures there, they first seem red. Once you start staring, you get to see the orange.

I guess side by side the orange stands out more.

Hmm, im kinda disappointed. I was looking forward to changing my housing to this from Titanium...I dont know anymore
    08-04-08 10:41 PM
    lol I doubt he tried to rip me off. To my knowledge, TMO isn't supposed to have a red one. I believe Verizon has a red curve. Mebbe the shipments were swapped. lol I totally agree that the pics show it to be orange without even coming close to looking like red. I must be losing it.

Edit
    The phone I saw today looked like the red one on the right...totally.
    08-04-08 10:43 PM
    LOL i doubt your loosing it but they really should have made it stand out more i mean obviouslly its goign to look more orange next to a different colored device but still the should have made it a more clear difference in color
    08-04-08 10:45 PM
    I want one
    08-04-08 10:46 PM
    LOL i doubt your loosing it but they really should have made it stand out more i mean obviouslly its goign to look more orange next to a different colored device but still the should have made it a more clear difference in color
    You sure it was a T Mobile store you walked into Im just kidding...

Really, i dont blame you. Look at this pic

Its orangy, but can be confused with a shade of red too I guess
    08-04-08 10:51 PM
    You're right, Noticee. They should display it properly. They had the damn thing behind the counter. Not even on the floor. WTF? Do they WANT to sell the daggone device or not?
    08-04-08 10:52 PM
    i saw it too..... all red.....
    08-04-08 10:54 PM
    Thank you, benz. I'm NOT losing it. <whew> lol
    Last edited by eespinosa; 08-04-08 at 11:11 PM.
    08-04-08 11:00 PM
    its freakin hot!!! i want it... its a red orange color and lighter than the att BB curve red.
    08-07-08 06:45 PM
    I like it. It looks better than the gold or silver. I like it more than the crimson. I will admit it doesn't look very orangy but it looks like sunset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 06:50 PM
    my friend just got one today - havent seen it in person, but i cant wait - i love they way they look
    08-07-08 07:47 PM
    Lol we have it out on display in our store, had a couple of customers ask me what happened to the gold one that used to be there, had to tell them they missed the boat...

08-07-08 08:00 PM
    it's not supposed to be orange. it's supposed to be red. the actual name is simply "sunset", to differentiate it from the "crimson" they've previously released for AT&T's 8310 and Sprint's 8330.

it's a very bright, nearly ferrari signature red.
    08-07-08 09:32 PM
    They could have made it more orange if they really wanted to differentiate. It just doesn't look as orange in person as it does it the pics. In the pics it looks like a burnt orange.
    08-07-08 10:10 PM
    Well a sunset is made of oranges, reds, pinks, and golden tones...so in a way the color is pretty accurate...lol

08-07-08 10:39 PM
    Yeah...got mine today, and it is definitely more red than orangey-red...slightly disappointed but not enough to send it back
    08-07-08 10:44 PM
    I think I am happy with Pale Gold! lol
    I wanted ORANGE not RED and its a shade closer to RED...
    08-08-08 04:02 AM
    Does anyone know A site for the t-mobile sunset housing?
    08-08-08 04:26 AM
    I am so with you, megaman. I'll end up getting one, anyway. lol I have 2 months left with Sprint. I'm trying to find out what my ETF will be.
    08-08-08 07:43 AM
    my friend has the sunset curve, looks more like a modern red when compared to my sprint red 8330, the 8330 and 8310 are more of a burgundy

also everyone should keep in mind that this wasnt marketed as a orange curve
    08-08-08 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD