I lost my manual and i can't figure out where to insert my medica card please help
    08-03-08 09:50 PM
    Remove battery cover , remove battery , look for a little metal slide with contacts for the card. Goofy I know , but there it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 09:53 PM
    The metal thingy flips up (there should be some markings on it that are a b!tch to read) that show which way to slide the thingy to open and close. Be gentle. I bought a card today, and I thought for sure I was going to snap it in two trying to close the metal thingy on it.
    08-03-08 09:56 PM
    Why can't people 1) Search the forums 2)Read the user manual?
    08-03-08 09:57 PM
    I lost my manual and i can't figure out where to insert my medica card please help
    You can go blackberry.com and D/L a PDF copy of the manual so you will have it. I know that if you are with VZW and can get to CS or TS rep, they can email you a copy
    08-03-08 09:59 PM
    you are the bomb, thanks i have been wondering for a month now... this site is the best and I love my blackberry! totall addicted...
    08-03-08 10:01 PM
    I think she(?) said she lost the manual, and sometimes it's hard find a clear answer to your question when you're searching though numerous posts.
    08-03-08 10:01 PM
    this is what this place is for if you don't want people to ask then don't bother looking!

thank you to those who responded it is greatly appreaciated!!! glad to know people like to help not act like know it alls!
    08-03-08 10:03 PM
    I think she(?) said she lost the manual, and sometimes it's hard find a clear answer to your question when you're searching though numerous posts.
    thanks... i searched and couldn't find it whats the point of a forum if you can't ask questions...
    08-03-08 10:04 PM
    why cant people

1. read the entire post before posting? OP clearly states lost user manual.
    08-03-08 10:04 PM
    You're welcome. Plus I really like saying "metal thingy"
    08-03-08 10:05 PM
    No I understand. I sometimes do this on google

search topic site:crackberry.com

as in

8330 media card insert site:crackberry.com

8330 media card insert site:crackberry.com - Google Search

2nd link down got me

Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    08-03-08 10:06 PM
    I couldn't figure this out when I first got this phone, either. It really is an odd location, if ya think about it.....

Welcome to cb, though!

08-03-08 10:09 PM
    I admit it is an odd location. I am not saying that the forums aren't for questions. It just seems the same questions are asked over and over.
    08-03-08 10:09 PM
    Holy ****...... You couldn't just search the entire phone. Lol. Its not that big. Lol

08-03-08 10:11 PM
    That is what I think I like the most about CrackBerry is there are always real people here ready to help no matter how simple the question might be.

You don't have to sit in solitaire searching forums looking for something that just doesn't make sense to you. You can always ask and people will ALWAYS be happy to help.

No matter how simple a problem might seem to the rest of us, to a Newbie it can be a real crisis.

Granted a search could have lead to answers but let's not beat anybody down for asking for help.

It wasn't that long ago I had to come to these forums seeking help because I couldn't find where to put my card. Its a really odd place to put the card.

Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-03-08 at 10:18 PM.
    08-03-08 10:14 PM
    Holy ****...... You couldn't just search the entire phone. Lol. Its not that big. Lol

Are you kidding? Don't be rude. Its in a location that, unless you knew where exactly to look, you wouldn't think of. Who would think to pull the battery out??

08-03-08 10:23 PM
    That is what I think I like the most about CrackBerry is there are always real people here ready to help no matter how simple the question might be.

You don't have to sit in solitaire searching forums looking for something that just doesn't make sense to you. You can always ask and people will ALWAYS be happy to help.

No matter how simple a problem might seem to the rest of us, to a Newbie it can be a real crisis.

Granted a search could have lead to answers but let's not beat anybody down for asking for help.

It wasn't that long ago I had to come to these forums seeking help because I couldn't find where to put my card. Its a really odd place to put the card.

I agree. I am not saying I mind helping, it just seems more times than not, 2 seconds could have been taking to relieve a repost. Oh well...
    08-03-08 10:27 PM
    I had the same question myself. I found this forum and blackberry.com didn't have the instructions in the 8330 manual pdf. I found did find this graphic instruction on Verizon's site. I wasn't able to post a link here since I'm a wee teenie noobie with no previous posts. Just add the http text prior to the colon here to view ://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=20560
    12-11-09 01:06 PM
    You're welcome. Plus I really like saying "metal thingy"
    That sounds like the actual technical name!

12-11-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD