This is a big problem for me as i dont fancy memorizing the number from the message and then goign to my address book to check who it was from. When i get a message it appears as
    8.34pm+447**********...message...

Instead i would like it to say, for example

8.34pmJane...message...

The people i am recieveing messages from have there numbers saved in my address book so if their number is saved i dont understand why the message isnt reading their name when i get a message.

Is their a way to change this.
    Thanks for any help.
    09-05-09 02:51 PM
    Make sure the formatting of the number in your address book matches the format that shows in the log.
    09-05-09 02:57 PM
    Oh yeah that seems to bring the name up now. Thanks very much for your help, i guess in future when im adding new contacts to my address book i must have to use the +477 instead of the 077 It will be moe confusing having to do that in the address book but if it means being able to see who i get messaged from then so be it.
    09-05-09 03:09 PM
    Make sure the formatting of the number in your address book matches the format that shows in the log.
    n bingo!
    09-05-09 07:19 PM
    It is always best to store numbers in the full international dialing format starting with the plus sign. If they are local numbers the cell system knows and still charges you for a local call. That way the phone can usually find the name associated with the number that is calling or messaging you.
    09-05-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD