I have a new blackberry Curve, 8330, and have been having problems with data transmission. When I let the battery die and then recharge it, or when I am out of service for a while (live in the country where service is come and go) and then come back into service, it stops transmitting data (small x in the top right screen), and won't start transmitting data again unless I take the battery out and reset it.

The phone works fine through all of this. I used to have an old blackberry before I got this one, and this never happened.

Has this happened to others? Am i doing something wrong?
    09-17-09 09:23 AM
    do you go to your network settings and turn your radio back on?
    09-17-09 09:35 AM
    This happened to me once and I did the battery pull. You don't have to manually take out the battery though. I use QuickPull (it's free) which takes a few minutes but I'm definitely happy with it.
    09-17-09 09:42 AM
    Try just turning it off and back on instead of a full reboot. The device is trying to protect your battery life.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 09:44 AM
    Don't let the battery run out all the way, is bad for it! Try recharging as much as possible, it will last longer!
    09-17-09 09:51 AM
    The radio is on...so that isn't it.

Turning it off and on doesn't work either.

It happened last night, battery still 75%, but came back into service this morning and it isn't transmitting data. was fine when i left service last night. The phone does work though.

Is there some kind of security thing that turns it off if it is out of service for a while? can i turn this feature off, or is there a way to turn it back on again?

when i go into Manage Connections, it says the mobile network is connected. but in Services Status, it says Status: Available, and the connection is Mobile Network. However it says Blackberry Internet Service is not connected, and Blackberry Enterprise server is also not connected. How do i reconnect them? i don't see an option for this here.
    Thanks!!
    09-23-09 09:01 AM
    While in the service area, try turning off the mobile network connection and then turn it back on. It may just need to get re-established while in a service area.

ct_mike
    09-23-09 09:17 AM
    I tried that as well, but no luck. This is strange!
    09-23-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD